The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure if this has been posted here yet.

Just saw this from the ACROD site: [acrod.org]

Great Vespers For Protection of Mother of God to Be Broadcast Live

JOHNSTOWN, PA -- The Diocesan Chancery has announced that Great Vespers for the Feast of the Protection of the Mother of God will be broadcast live from Christ the Saviour Cathedral on Wednesday October 13, 2010 at 4:00 pm. Special guests in attendance at the festal vespers will be students and faculty of Sts Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary of Pittsburgh, PA. Click here to view Vespers Service. [acrod.org] Note: Link is only active during broadcast time.

A request to those with contacts at the ACROD site: Will this be archived? I'm sure it'd be something that people later would enjoy viewing.

DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone from the Forum going?

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
A request to those with contacts at the ACROD site: Will this be archived? I'm sure it'd be something that people later would enjoy viewing.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I will try and find out from Fr. Peter, however, it may take a few days, all 4 of the priests in CT are down in Johnstown for Fr. David Cochran’s Elevation to Protopresbyter (St. John's-Bridgeport, CT (Mill Hill Ave.))

DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for asking. I would like to watch this but because of the time difference between East and West coast I'll probably miss most of this.

DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Due to work I was unable to view this. Anyone here get to watch it?

C
C
I tried to log on to watch it and it wouldn't load

C
C
Originally Posted by DTBrown
Anyone here get to watch it?

Watch it? I LIVED IT! grin

Dn. David

DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you think it'll get archived on the ACROD site? Many of us would like to watch it. PLEASE! smile

I expect it will be up soon. They are usually pretty good about making archives available. If you don't see it up soon, emailing the webmaster will get a pretty speedy reply.

DTBrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestion. It worked! I got an email back from Fr. Peter Paproski and this Vespers service is now available for viewing here. [acrod.org]

M
M
The text of Metropolitan Nicholas's homily at the event is now online at the ACROD site [acrod.org].

U
U
Originally Posted by MDecerbo
The text of Metropolitan Nicholas's homily at the event is now online at the ACROD site [acrod.org].

On a related matter, how is Metropolitan Nicholas? May God grant Metropolitan Nicholas peace, health and happiness, nam mnohaja i blahaja l'ita, Vladyka Nikolaj!

U-C

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Ung-Certez
May God grant Metropolitan Nicholas peace, health and happiness, nam mnohaja i blahaja l'ita, Vladyka Nikolaj!

Eis polla aeti, Despota!

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
D
DMD Offline
D
I am pleased to report that His Eminence, Metropolitan Nicholas' health is improving and that he has resumed a limited schedule. Please continue to pray for him so that he may be able to continue his efforts to bind the wounds that have sundered our hearts these many years and built a basis for continued brotherly love and Christian understanding.

Many Years, O Master! Eis polla eti, Despota. Nam Nohaja L'ita,Vladyko!

A
AMM Offline
A
I agree with his eminence in regards to the calculation of Easter.

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.