The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
arekeon27, Wenura Ravindu, Leeno, San Nicolas, Skanderbeg
5,845 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 62 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Byzantine Nebraska
Byzantine Nebraska
by orthodoxsinner2, December 11
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,167
Posts414,961
Members5,845
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
JOHNSTOWN, PA - [Diocesan Chancery] - Very Rev. Protopresbyter Frank P. Miloro, Diocesan Chancellor has announced that the funeral services for His Eminence, +Metropolitan Nicholas at Christ the Saviour Cathedral will be carried live via the internet beginning today with the arrival of the body of +Metropolitan Nicholas to the Cathedral at 1:00 pm. The following is the official broadcast schedule.

Wednesday, March 16
1 PM Receiving of the remains of Metropolitan Nicholas into Christ the Saviour Cathedral

7 PM Panachida - Protopresbyter Frank P. Miloro, Chancellor Celebrant

Thursday, March 17
7 PM Parastas- Protopresbyter Frank P. Miloro, Chancellor, Celebrant

Friday, March 18
10 AM Funeral Service - His Eminence, Archbishop Demetrios of America, Celebrant

The live broadcasts will be archived for on-demand viewing within two hours of broadcast time.

L
L

Last edited by likethethief; 03/17/11 11:56 PM.
Cantor
Cantor
I'm so glad that I could watch live all the way here in California!
I couldn't get there in time for the funeral without tremendous expence.

I hope someone will be able to upload some video from Perth Amboy.

D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My family and I will be in St. John's in Perth Amboy on Sunday for the Liturgy and Parastas in the evening and I will upload some clips from the services on youtube sometime next week.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
David,

Thanks so very much for the links. As Steve said, I was very grateful for the opportunity to view the Parastas this evening and will be watching the Funeral Liturgy tomorrow.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
L
L
Originally Posted by likethethief
That is for the live feed.

And the archived services here:
http://www.acrod.org/organizations/cathedral/live/servicesarchivescathedral

D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Those of you following the services will note the beautiful and dignified service as head Deacon of our own fellow poster and seminarian, the Deacon 'Chtec'. Those who love and cherish the prostopenije and the priest's style of leading the chant will recognize that Deacon David has a most precious gift and that gift will keep alive the efforts of the pioneering priests of all of our people, Greek Catholic and Orthodox alike, who struggled to keep our chant tradition alive in the face of fierce opposition from East and West. His funereal chanting of the Gospel reminded me of that of my father and the Metropolitan. Metropolitan Nicholas is surely smiling upon the Deacon.

D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The services were beautiful The stream has ended, but will be archived for viewing later today. I saw that Bishop John of Parma was there.

D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
A very beautiful and reverent service and I'm certain that His Eminence looked down with pride and fatherly affection on our own Deacon David, who performed his role flawlessly.

May the memory of Metropolitan Nicholas be eternal.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
John
John
Just watching now - I could not connect this morning.

Beautiful.

Vi─Źnaja jemu pamjat!

C
C
Thank you, David and Neil, for your very kind words! I just try and do my best.

Dn. David

D
DMD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
In a recent development, the ACROD diocesan tech team is planning to broadcast the Parastas Service for Metropolitan Nicholas. (Sunday March 20, 2011 at 7 pm) and the final Panachida and pouring of oil by Archbishop Demetrios (Monday March 21, 2011 at 10:30 am) which will take place at St. John the Baptist Church in Perth Amboy, NJ.

To watch these services live, please log on to the Funeral live broadcast page at http://www.acrod.org/metropolitan/metromultimedia/online-funeral at the time of these services. There are, however, a few technological and logistical issues at press time that need to be addressed. If it is not possible to carry them live, a message will be posted to this effect prior to the start of services.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Originally Posted by DMD
In a recent development, the ACROD diocesan tech team is planning to broadcast the Parastas Service for Metropolitan Nicholas. (Sunday March 20, 2011 at 7 pm) and the final Panachida and pouring of oil by Archbishop Demetrios (Monday March 21, 2011 at 10:30 am) which will take place at St. John the Baptist Church in Perth Amboy, NJ.

Thank you for posting this...

Cantor
Cantor
Many thanks to the Diocesan tech team for their hard work in successfully setting the live internet feed of the final Panachida and Anointing in such short time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Father Anthony 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2022 (Forum 1998-2022). All rights reserved.