The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 284 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
It's been a while since anyone has posted a link to a Maronite parish website, but I came across that of Holy Family Maronite Church [holyfamilymaronitechurch.org] in Mendota Heights MN this weekend, while working on the Directory. It could do with the addition of some educational material, but it's a nicely done site that demonstrates what looks to be a small, but vibrant, parish.

Another parish website that came to my attention this weekend was that of St Jude Melkite Church [stjudemiami.com] in Miami FL, now pastored by Father Eugene Mitchell, an old and dear friend. The site is still in process - with a lot of the links still coming up blank - but it has a definite look of promise about it, including what it seems will be mirrored English and Spanish versions. This is the first sign in years of a viable website for that community and I'm looking forward to seeing it fleshed out.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
The website of St Joseph the Betrothed UGCC [stjosephukr.com] in Chicago is well-worth seeing. Much of the website, the bulletins, and calendars are available in both English and Ukrainian. There are links to Ancient Faith Radio and to RISU, news pertinent to the UGCC, and links to the parish's Facebook page and YouTube channel. There are also children's pages. Nicely done!

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
B
B
St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church Barberton, Ohio
St. Nicholas - Web [stnickbyz.com]
St. Nicholas - Facebook [facebook.com]

J
JDC Offline
J
Without absolute certainty I can make the bold claim that the website is especially "worth seeing", I bring you that of St. John the Baptist UGCC in Brantford, Ontario. The gallery at least is worth seeing. Our church is very beautiful.

Please have a look. I am Roman Catholic and ignorant of the Christian East, I invite therefore your hearty correction of such mistakes as I have certainly made.

www.stjohnbrantford.com [stjohnbrantford.com]

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Barberton.byz
St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church Barberton, Ohio
St. Nicholas - Web [stnickbyz.com]
St. Nicholas - Facebook [facebook.com]

Very nice indeed, I see a lot of changes on the website since I looked at it last. I'll be updating the parish directory entry to include an interior photo and links to the parish's FB and YT pages.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by JDC
Without absolute certainty I can make the bold claim that the website is especially "worth seeing", I bring you that of St. John the Baptist UGCC in Brantford, Ontario. The gallery at least is worth seeing. Our church is very beautiful.

Please have a look. I am Roman Catholic and ignorant of the Christian East, I invite therefore your hearty correction of such mistakes as I have certainly made.

www.stjohnbrantford.com [stjohnbrantford.com]

Our relatively new member, JDC. promised me recently that the redesigned website of this parish would be well worth adding to this thread. He's has clearly kept that promise. Very nice already and I see that Bulletins and a contact e-mail link are coming. I'll be adding the website link to the directory entry, which already has a link to the parish FB page.

Many years,

Neil

J
JDC Offline
J
I meant to say, anybody willing to exchange reciprocal links (yours links to my parish website, mine links to your parish website) which will help both of us improve our Google rank, please PM me with your site address.

In fact, what parties are willing, we could all of a group link one to another, the better to be more easily found by the pagan Googling masses we wish to evangelize.

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Thanks to our friend and brother, Deacon David, for posting a link on Facebook that caused me to see this website. Holy Trinity Orthodox Church [htoc-fl.org] is an ACROD parish in Spring Hill, FL. Very nice site, with a lot of good material available.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
The joint website [bcchnh.org] of St Mary Byzantine Church in Herminie (PA) and St Stephen Byzantine Church in North Huntingdon/Irwin (PA) is very nicely done and presents some excellent material. The photo albums include some particularly interesting shots of the iconostasis under construction - not sure that I've ever seen examples of that before.

I also liked the survey, which parishioners can answer either electronically or print to paper, to assist the parish in setting priorities for upcoming spending on repairs/maintenance. It shows just how a site can be employed for both spiritual and practical purposes.

The linked facebook site offers brief, quick, timely reminders of coming events - including times for Divine Services.

Kudos to the webmistress, Kristin Fullerton/K Fullerton, one of our newest members.

Many years,

Neil

V
V
Greetings,

Apologize me for posting this topic probably in the wrong section, but I couldn't find another place in the forum to do it. Feel free to move it where it fits better.

I would like to share with you the blog site of the Greek Orthodox Church of Bordeaux, in France, dedicated to the "The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple" and which belongs to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople : http://egliseorthodoxegrbx.blogspot.com/

You can find there everything related to our news, current activities, story, mainly in french language, as well as many links regarding the Orthodox Church in France. You can easily switch to english, greek or other languages with the translate google bar button in the top right of the main page.

Thank you for reading and Christos Anesti!

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Vassilis,

Welcome to the forum. A beautiful and informative site! You certainly posted it in the right forum, although I'm moving it to another thread in this same forum - 'Parish Websites Worth Seeing!' - which we use to highlight websites that are particularly noteworthy for their content and style. Our goal in that thread is to offer examples and ideas to other parishes and communities as they develop or expand their own sites.

Thank you for sharing this one with us.

Many years,

Neil

S
S
The web site of St. Basil's in Irving (TX) has been recently updated with a lot of scenes from our recent liturgical clelebrations, during the Great Fast, Holy Week & Pascha (cf. "photo gallery") - incl. scenes from the baptism of a young adult @ the vigil of Pascha. I'm under the impression that adult Baptism is relatively rare in most of our Eastern Churches...

http://www.stbasilsinirving.org/

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 05/18/11 05:13 AM.
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
St Melany the Younger Byzantine Church [byzantinetucson.com] in Tucson has revamped their website and it is excellently done.

Besides all the expected (or hoped for) material, there are podcasts of homilies by Father Robert (Rankin), Gospel Readings, and Zenit links. A 'Virtual Tour' link doesn't seem to be working as yet, but the site is a definitely worthwhile addition to this list.

Kudos to Patrick Cullen, the webmaster, and Father Robert. And, special thanks to Patrick for taking the time to provide me w/ updated links and a better photo for use in the parish's directory entry.

Many years,

Neil

E
E
Zenit links! The less I hear from the Legionnaires of Christ the better!

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 07/07/11 09:58 PM. Reason: delete offensive term
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Ot'ets Nastoiatel'
Zenit links! The less I hear from the Legionnaires of Christ the better!

Bless, Father Economos,

I don't want to get into a debate here about the value of Zenit (or other Catholic media), to ECs or to Catholics generally - it's not why this ongoing thread exists. And, if this thread starts - even slightly - to look like that's happening, the posts on the subject will be moved elsewhere. However, I do want to reply to our obvious disagreement as to whether a Zenit link on a parish website is or is not a 'plus'.

One can certainly find fault with Zenit but the fact remains that it is a reasonably accurate source of Catholic news. As such, it can be a valuable resource. Appearances to the contrary, as one looks around the web, not everyone in the Catholic world - Latin or Eastern - participates at on-line venues, such as this forum. And, frankly, the resulting knowledge level about happenings in the Catholic world, outside one's own parish bounds (beyond scandals), is pitiful (not that it necessarily improves with on-line participation, as a quick look at principally Latin fora will affirm).

Thus, I submit that any medium which can potentially cure that abyssmal knowledge gap is worth the space afforded the link.

Many years,

Neil

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.