The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Catherine Behrens, the 84 year-old mother of our friend, brother, and fellow forumite, Deacon Robert, is currently hospitalized. She has has had emphysema for years and now is suffering from pneumonia and on a ventilator. Your prayers for her health and salvation will be much appreciated.

Lord, look with love and compassion on Your handmaiden, Catherine. Give her the strength to overcome these physical trials and to keep strong her faith in You. May the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damian, guide her doctors in their care, diagnosis and treatment of her and may the Theotokos, patroness of all mothers, look down on her with love and caring.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
O
O
Lord have mercy

Fr. Deacon Robert - we pray for you, your family and most especially your mother. May the Healer of all give her strength of soul and body. We ask this through the intercession of the Theotokos and all the saints, especially the healers Sts. Cosmas and Damian. Amen.

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Fr. Robert please be assured my prayers are with your mother and yourself at time.

I pray to the Lord God that He eases the suffering and discomfort of His handmaiden Catherine.

I pray for the comfort of the Mother of God to be with Deacon Robert and all his family as well. Our elderly parents and grandparents are a great gift of wisdom and love to us....

Kyrie Eleison! Kyrie Eleison! Kyrie Eleison!

D
DMD Offline
D
Lord, have mercy.

S
S
My prayers for your mother, may God grant her strength and peace. Prayers for you and your family at this difficult time.

Steve

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Thanks for all your prayers. She has been anointed by a priest. Not soon after that, she began to show improvement. They have taken her off the ventilator. Last I heard from my sister, who is an RN, she seems to have been stabilized. She is not yet "out of the woods", but things look better than they did a few days ago. Please keep up your prayers.

In Christ,
Dn. Robert

G
G
I shall also pray.

Kolya

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Got a call at 4AM this morning that my mother, Catherine Behrens, had passed away. She was 84 years old, and had been suffering from emphysema. She had been anointed, and had received absolution from a priest. Last night my sister, an RN, had her put in hospice. I had intended to go down to the hospital in Toms River, NJ, but my dad talked me into going there this morning. Unfortunately, I got the call before I could leave to go there. Arrangements have not yet been made. However, my parents' residence is in Forked River, NJ, and their parish is St. Pius X RC Church in Forked River, NJ. So, everything will take place there. I will forward the details when I get them. Please keep the happy repose of her soul in your prayers as an intention.

In Christ,
Deacon Robert Behrens

First of all, my sincere sympathy to you on your loss, Father Deacon Robert...also my prayers for comfort and strength to you and your family at this time of sorrow...

May the memory of your beloved mother, Catherine be eternal in the Kingdom of our God. Amen. It is wonderful to know that she passed away in the grace of God through the mysteries of the Church by a Priest.

Almighty God,
we remember before you today your faithful servant Catherine;
and we pray that,
having opened to her the gates of larger life,
you will receive her more and more into your joyful service,
that,
with all who have faithfully served you in the past,
she may share in the eternal victory of Jesus Christ,
the Risen Lord,
AMEN.

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Prayers for the eternal memory of the Lord's handmaiden, Catherine, that she be at peace in the arms of the Theotokos, Mother of us all. Prayers also for the comfort and solace of her beloved husband, children, and other family members.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
John
John
Eternal Memory!

Deacon Robert:

Memory eternal!!

Lord, have mercy on your handmaid, Catherine. Give her a place with the Righteous in the Mansions of the Just. Comfort her family and keep them in Your Gracious Care as they continue thier own pilgrimage to Your Kingdom without her. Holy Mother of God, spread your Protecting Veil over Catherine's family at this time. amen.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.