The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
L
Jakub said:...if its the Sicilian bloodlines or his cancer...
Wow, another Sicilian on the board! Isn't LadyHawke also part Sicilian (or is it Italian)?

Logos Teen

Deacon John,

Thank you for the info, now for step 2.

james

You know our world just keeps getting smaller.

Praise God for all of your adventures, coming to our Lord. I imagine you are both going to be tremendous evangelizers for our Lord and our Church.

Give Rosemary a hug for us and tell her it is from Fr. Deacon Stan and Rose at St. Georges. Rosemary and her husband spent time here at St. Georges while he was doing research at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. They are still missed by many.

Rose

C
OP Offline
C
Originally posted by Pani Rose:
You know our world just keeps getting smaller.

Praise God for all of your adventures, coming to our Lord. I imagine you are both going to be tremendous evangelizers for our Lord and our Church.

Give Rosemary a hug for us and tell her it is from Fr. Deacon Stan and Rose at St. Georges. Rosemary and her husband spent time here at St. Georges while he was doing research at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. They are still missed by many.

Rose
I will.

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Okay, so I'm a little late getting this news since I haven't visited the board for a few weeks. frown

Anyhow, Iliana, I am SO happy to see the news about your brother converting and I am SO happy that you are also enjoying going to St. Gabriel's! I told you Fr. Robert is great! wink When he visited our church in Anaheim, CA during Thanksgiving week, he told me that you and your brother had been coming to his parish and that your brother had set up an appointment with him. Fr. Robert was so excited. biggrin Isn't it wonderful how the whole family rejoices when our brothers and sisters find their way back home! Even in other states and countries!

God bless you and your brother!

With so much love from your sister in Christ,
Michelle (a Ruthenian Byzantine who prays the Rosary and the Jesus Prayer) wink

C
OP Offline
C
Sorry that I just looked at your post Reznut. Unfortunately you probably heard that Father Robert was transferred to San Diego. It broke our hearts but the Holy Spirit guides our church and we can�t question God�s will. My brother fully understands the Eucharist and he is anxious to participate, he feels that all this year in the evangelical church he�s been missing the most important, which is the Body and Blood of our Lord. Father Vivona is willing to work rigorously with him so that he can fulfill the mysteries by Easter. We learned of Father Vivona when he attended an RCIA class and we were impressed with his knowledge. Then when Father Robert left my brother knew that with all the commitments and adjustments it would be impossible for the new Priest to work with him now. My brother feels with some type of guilt but I told him that he shouldn�t, God knows why and he�s still in the church that Jesus founded.

Iliana you are not to far away from this Dr. Rice. I believe he was on EWTN on Journey Home the other day. Your brother might be interested in talking with him.
I had posted this on East-West.

https://www.byzcath.org/bboard/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001070;p=1#000000

Pani Rose

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you

Iliana,

Dios los bendiga.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally posted by jw10631:
Iliana,

Dios los bendiga.
HOLA JW....QUE TAL? DIOS LOS BENDIGA A TODOS USTEDES TAMBIEN. ES UN PLACER PODER PLATICAR CON TANTA GENTE LINDA EN ESTE FORO. CUIDATE.

R
Silent Member
Silent Member
R
Originally posted by iliana guadalupe:
Unfortunately you probably heard that Father Robert was transferred to San Diego. (snipped) Then when Father Robert left my brother knew that with all the commitments and adjustments it would be impossible for the new Priest to work with him now.
Greetings, Iliana.
Yep, one of the Sundays following my post to you in January, Fr George in my parish announce Fr Robert move to San Diego. Of course, Fr Robert's dad (our Cantor) is thrilled to have his son closer but I was saddened for your brother. So how are things going for your brother since the change? I hope there others besides Fr Vivona who are helpful to him. Does he have a sponsor there?

Your sister in Christ, Michelle

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.