The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Can someone find out if this movie will offer English subtitles? I would love to see these movie gems of faith..being so sick and tired of movie after movie from Hollywood celebrating and/or promoting sin, gore, and all things demonic. frown

The film "Luka" is the dramatic fate of the greatest surgeon and a priest — V. Voyno-Yasenetskyj (Luka).

Year 1917. Young doctor Valentin Voyno-Yasenetskyj with his wife and four children moved to Tashkent, beset by civil war and intervention. Voyno-Yasenetskyj became head physician in the city hospital. He not only saves hundreds of patients every day, operating under the bullets of the permanent street battles, fighting for his life and life of his beloved wife, dying of TB. In the midst of persecution, he as alone with four children on the outskirts of the former empire, so he decides to become a priest. And since then, he never altered neither scalpel, nor cross, he goes with them through all their hard exiles and arduous life, treating both: body and soul.

http://www.luka-film.com/en/index.htm

J
J
And beyond subtitles - where can it be seen? Is it going to be shown in different cities in the US? I read about it on the blog "Mystagogy" and linked to the same website as you posted, but couldn't find any info on the website that indicates where and when the movie will be shown.

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Jaya,

I am assuming it is only being shown overseas?

Alice

J
J
Oh, my. That would be unfortunate, and a disappointment.

If anyone has any further info, I hope they'll post it.

Here is the trailer. Sorry, no English subs yet. When I get a copy, I will do the translation and sub it if anybody is interested.

J
J
Yes, that would be great! Surely others are interested also.

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Slavipodvizhnik
Here is the trailer. Sorry, no English subs yet. When I get a copy, I will do the translation and sub it if anybody is interested.

What do you mean? confused

Alice, a little confused

When I get a copy of the full movie, I will add English subtitles to it and transfer it to DVD for you.

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Slavipodvizhnik
When I get a copy of the full movie, I will add English subtitles to it and transfer it to DVD for you.

Thank you so much! I didn't know that you could actually do that! I would be so grateful!

спасибо, dear Alexandr! :=)
Вашей друга во Христе: Alice

J
J
Alexandr, please keep us posted about this - I would love to be able to watch this movie! I didn't know you could do that, either. Wow, that would be great!

S
S
I just found this thread after searching for 2 years to find the movie and your post gave me some hope. did you manage to translate the movie? appreciate any help on this.

S
S
Dear Alice, did you get a copy of the movie? Is it out on DVD anywhere? Did anyone managed to put english subtitles on it?

Answering any of these questions would be much helpful. Thank you.

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Alexandr has not been seen here or in touch since he wrote that he would translate the movie.

I pray he is well. I have no idea how to see the movie with English subtitles. If any one here does, please let us know.

Alice

Originally Posted by Alice
Alexandr has not been seen here or in touch since he wrote that he would translate the movie.

I pray he is well. I have no idea how to see the movie with English subtitles. If any one here does, please let us know.

Alice

Hi Alice,

Christos Anesti!

There are many people anxiously awaiting the translation of this film for English subtitles. My spiritual father is also looking into the matter. I will let you know if I hear anything.

R

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.