The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402626 01/08/14 08:33 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Greetings, all.

I am writing to ask your prayers for my father Theodor, who, around Gregorian Christmas two weeks ago, began to show signs of jaundice as well as being extremely uncomfortable in the stomach and esophagus.

Due to the possibilities as to what it could be, the last few weeks have been a roller coaster for him, my mother, and the rest of the family.

Having said that, liver cancer has now been ruled out, as has pancreatic cancer, but tests have identified a tumour blocking the duct in between liver and pancreas. The doctors are now discussing options, and they will meet with my parents next week to explain things.

Even with the worst case scenarios having been ruled out, there is still plenty to be concerned about, and we are right now praying that the tumour is not cancer, or at least that it is entirely treatable. My father has a lot to live for, and is a big part of all our lives.

That being the case, and because we have every reason to be hopeful at the moment, I would really appreciate your prayers that things might proceed favourably.

In the meantime, I will keep you posted on developments.

Thank you for you charity.

Last edited by Slavophile; 01/08/14 08:33 AM.
Lord Jesus Christ, Our True God, extend Your Divine Healing Hand and touch Your servant, Theodor. Grant him healing of the tumor that troubles him and return him to his family to praise Your Holy Name all the days of his life. Let all this be according to Your Holy Will for him and for his family. Through the prayers of Your Most Pure Mother, Mary, the Mother of God, who is, by Your gracious gift from the Cross our Mother, hear our prayers on behalf of Your servant. Amen.

I pray to the Lord that this will not be cancer, or if so, that it will be easily treatable.

Lord have mercy!

O
O
Oh my goodness !

Having met your father I'm stunned.

Prayers for him as he goes through this trial.

May the Holy Unmercenary Healers Ss. Cosmos and Damien guide his physicians and surgeons in their diagnosis and treatment.

May the Theotokos wrap him in her Mantle of protection and intercede with her Son on his behalf.

May all the family receive comfort and support as they watch and wait

D
D
I pray for healing, and peace. God be with your family, and guide the doctors and give wisdom. In Christ's Name, amen.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
May Theodor's doctors be guided in their diagnosis and treatment of him by the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damian, and may the Lord grant that he recover quickly and fully and be granted many years.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
May Our Lady of Cardiff intercede for your father!

Christ is Born!

Alex

S
OP Offline
S
My deep thanks to all you for your prayers.

It has indeed been identified as cancer of the bile duct, which, if the tumour is of a low grade and the cancer itself is in an early stage, can potentially be treated. We won't know anything more until Wednesday, but I will update you then.

In the meantime, thanks again, and please keep praying.

In the Incarnate Word,

Fr James

O Lord our God, the Physician of our souls and bodies, look down upon Thy servant, Theodor, and cure him of all infirmities of the flesh, in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, with Whom Thou art blessed, together with Thy Most Holy, Gracious, and Life-giving Spirit, always, now and forever, and unto ages of ages. Amen

S
OP Offline
S
AN UPDATE:

Dear all,

Please offer renewed prayers for my father. He is in hospital as I write this, with some sort of suspected infection, and is now awaiting a second CT scan before proceeding to the big surgery to have his bile duct removed.

I just spoke with him on his mobile phone, and he is in good spirits. His parish priest visited him with the Sacrament this afternoon, and my mum spent a few hours with him, but it breaks my heart not being able to pop up to see him.

In the meantime, after his diagnosis, his treatment has largely been in a holding pattern, as his anesthetist demanded that he have an angiogram to make sure his heart could take the big surgery, and this removed him from the immediate waiting list for the surgeon. Now we are waiting for him to get a renewed date.

After a few weeks of relative calm on all our part - for the generally good news we had heard from doctors - the whole family is feeling tense again, in anticipation.

With deep thanks for your prayers so far, then, I would ask you to renew them as you are able.

In Christ,

Fr James

John
John
Prayers for Theodor. May the Lord God grant him the fullness of healing.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Renewed prayers for Theodor and for all of his family, especially our friend and brother, Father James, as they await his surgery. May the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damien, intercede before the High Throne for the fullness of his recovery and that God grant him many more years.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
O
O
Prayers for Theodor and I'll pass the request to the Dublin Community who also know Fr Slavophile

G
G

Preterpivyj za nas strasti,
Isuse Christe, Syne Bozyj,
Pomiluj, pomiluj, pomiluj nas.

Having suffered the passion for us,
Jesus Christ, Son of God,
have mercy, have mercy, have mercy on us.

Prayers are offered

Unworthy
Garaj

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.