The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Filipe YTOL, 1 invisible), 406 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#418010 02/20/18 11:43 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Hi! Does anyone here have service details of the Eastern-Catholic parishes/churches in Constantinople?

I recall at least two:

1) Holy Trinity Greek-Catholic, which was used by the Chaldaeans as of a decade or so ago.
2) Armenian Catholic churches?

An RC friend is visiting and he is interested in the East, and would like to attend mass there.

Thanks!

J
JLF Offline
J
Edward, sorry, but even after having been to Constantinople more than 25 times, I don't know of any functioning. There was one Greek Catholic parish that Father +Serge Keleher tried to support about 20 years ago, near the old British embassy. But I doubt it's open. I usually go to the Patriarchate for their services and don't receive communion. Or when I've been there with a group, I bring my own clergy and we do our own!

Jack

J
JLF Offline
J
PS. The RC Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, across from the Hilton Hotel near Taksim Square, has Mass in multiple languages on Sundays, I believe including one in English. That's where Pope Francis celebrated Mass on his visit a few years ago, and it's where Patriarch Emeritus Gregorios of the Melkites celebrated the Divine Liturgy during the second Orientale Lumen Conference we had there about 10 years ago. Jack

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.