The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (seven_mansions), 409 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
With a sad heart, but full of hope for the resurrection of all, I received the following announcement from Campion Hall, the retirement home for Jesuits in Weston, MA. Fr Taft was a great scholar, world-renowned liturgist and ecumenist,and leaves a legacy of writings, lectures and most importantly students whom he taught through his long career at the Pontifical Oriental Institute in Rome. I regret that the collection of his selected essays from Worship magazine that he asked me to publish is going to print today, and therefore he will not get to see it in finished. But I know he will see it and all of his publications from his heavenly reward, Vicnaja pamjat' -- Eternal Rest!

Jack

Requiescat in Pace
Robert F. Taft, S.J.
9 January 1932 – 2 November 2018

Fr. Taft died peacefully at 4:05AM this morning at Campion Center.

At Bob’s request, his funeral and burial will follow the ritual requirements for a mitred archimandrite of the Byzantine Rite, as he prescribed in his final written wishes. Once we have contacted all of those who will play essential roles in preparing his body for burial and presiding at the Divine Liturgy on the day of burial, we will publish the full arrangements for Bob’s wake and funeral.

O
O
Eternal Memory !

Rest in peace and in the arms our Lord Jesus Christ, fr. Robert Taft!
Eternal memory to you!

John
John
May the Lord God grant to His servant, the priest Robert, a blessed repose, in a place where there no pain, suffering or sighing, but only joy and life-everlasting!

Eternal Memory!

Added Link 11/4/2018: JesuitEast.org - Obituary [jesuitseast.org]

K
K
Even The website of the Finnish orthodox Church (EP)
wrote about him..

Last edited by Krysostomos; 11/17/18 11:41 AM.
J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have completed the editing of the Funeral Service of Archimandrite Robert Taft, SJ from November 12 in Boston. The 2 hour-long videos can be viewed on our OLTV YouTube channel:

Taft Funeral Service - Part 1

Taft Funeral Service - Part 2

Please let me know if you would like a DVD version. I'll make them to order. Email: jackfigel@verizon.net

Also, ECP just published a collection of 8 essays from "Worship" magazine that Fr Taft requested:

https://ecpubs.com/product/worship-is-what-liturgy-does/

Eternal memory!

Jack

John
John
I have been playing this today while I work. This funeral is beautiful. The singing is fantastic.

Eternal memory!

Eternal Memory!

Alex

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.