The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm in the Eparchy of Passaic and I am refusing the "according to Catholic Church Doctrine"
morally abortion tainted covid-19 shot.
My Employeer is "mandating" we get the shot or be terminated.
I sent the Protosyncellus an email requesting a Byzantine Catholic Conscientious Objector statement from the Eparchy a few days ago.
I have not gotten any response back as yet.

Has anyone from this website trying to get a CO from their Eparchy?
I heard our Bishop's are having a meeting about this this week.

Last edited by jvf; 09/20/21 12:01 AM.
I doubt you are going to get one as not all COVID vaccines are abortion tainted as verified by the Vatican.

https://www.cacatholic.org/CCC-vaccine-moral-acceptability

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Fr. Deacon:

The mRNA covid-19 shot used aborted STEM cells in the testing process.
Right now there is no covid-19 shot that did not use aborted STEM cells either in creation or testing.
Right now I'm asking my Byzantine Catholic Bishop for a Byzantine Catholic Conscientious Objector statement
to support my Catholic Doctrine Moral descision to Refuse the abortion tainted covid-19 shot.
I am following Catholic Church Doctrine.

What reason could there be that as a practicing Byzantine Catholic who is supporting Catholic Church Doctrine
that he would not support me?

Last edited by jvf; 09/20/21 12:01 PM.
D
D
jvf,
As you are probably already well aware, the Congregation for Doctrine and Faith has already stated that it is morally permissible to receive the two mRNA covid vaccines. And the vast majority of Bishops and priests who have an opportunity to receive said vaccine have done so. This includes the current Pope, the Pope Emeritus and plenty of Orthodox bishops and clergy. And most are "actively encouraging" their flocks to receive it to promote the common good. So please do likewise. It is the most Christian thing you can do right now. I seriously doubt you will get an exemption.

Also, if you are not willing to use the vaccines, I hope you will also never use the following drugs also tested on fetal stem cell lines:

Acetaminophen/Tylenol
Aspirin
Naproxen/Aleve
Sudafed
Benadryl
Loratadine/Claritin
Tums/Calcium Carbonate
Albuterol
Pept--Bismol
Lidocaine

And there are plenty of others.

J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
All of these drugs were created before anyone ever even heard of STEM cell testing.
I follow Catholic Church Doctrine on Abortion the present pope and bishops do not.

" I seriously doubt you will get an exemption."
Why wouldn't my Byzantine Catholic Bishop not support me for following Catholic Church Doctrine on abortion
by refusing to take a MANDATED morally tainted (according to Catholic Church Doctrine) covid-19 shot
AGAINST MY FREE WILL?

Last edited by jvf; 09/20/21 03:17 PM.
J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
All of these drugs were created before anyone ever even heard of STEM cell testing.
I follow Catholic Church Doctrine on Abortion.

You have been presented with the fact that Hierarchy has looked into it and found the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines morally acceptable. Confronted with facts you don’t like you proclaim yourself more Catholic than the Pope, but you want the bishops, who you say don’t follow “Catholic Church Doctrine”, to give you a letter to exempt you from vaccination? The Greek Orthodox bishops just sent out an announcement that they will not be giving any exemption letters out. Hopefully our Bishop soon do the same.

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
1 member likes this: LionHippo44
D
D
All of the drugs that I listed were tested at on fetal lines at some point.

Catholic doctrine does not have an absolute prohibition against using anything that is "morally tainted", even if by abortion. Most everything is morally tainted, the food we eat, the clothes we wear, and the products and services we use. To teach otherwise IS against Catholic doctrine. Per actual Catholic doctrine, the context in these cases matters. Sometimes morally tainted things can be forbidden, acceptable, encouraged or even morally obligatory in certain contexts.

This link came out today. The Vatican is requiring a vaccine passport for all employees and visitors.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/249038/vatican-requires-vaccine-pass-for-visitors-employees

Please be vaccinated. Refusing to use the vaccine is not going to bring back the victims of abortion, it is not going increase the probability of abortion being outlawed. You have Catholic duty to yourself and to others to be vaccinated. Please do so.

ajk Offline
Originally Posted by jvf
So what, you know now, then by your words, stop taking them.

Originally Posted by jvf
I follow Catholic Church Doctrine on Abortion the present pope and bishops do not.
So as-a-whole, i.e. in the sense of the term katholikos [καθολικός ], catholic, the episcopacy is not following "Catholic Church Doctrine on Abortion." In ecclesiology, this puts you in the realm of low-church-no-church Protestantism.

Originally Posted by jvf
Why wouldn't my Byzantine Catholic Bishop not support me for following Catholic Church Doctrine on abortion
by refusing to take a MANDATED morally tainted (according to Catholic Church Doctrine) covid-19 shot
AGAINST MY FREE WILL?
The Catholic Church does endorse you just not the way you want. While there is always the sensus fidelium, it does not stand in opposition to the authoritative teaching charism of the Church (aka Magisterium) given to it by Christ; nor is it personal opinion. By your words, when you say the Creed, you should leave out the word Apostolic since the common apostolic witness of all the faithful can not properly function without the very successors of the Apostles.

On a practical level, the Church is the true guardian of a person's conscience (and free-will better termed self-determination). In so far that you do not deny the Church -- One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic -- the Church insists you follow your conscience. That conscience must be properly formed, including in the integrity of your decisions the social and economic obligations and responsibilities you may have regarding yourself and others, including others who are dependent on you. Then you must be the courageous witness to those virtues as you see them in relation to
Originally Posted by jvt
My Employeer is "mandating" we get the shot or be terminated.
In an analogous way we understand and apply Christ's words counseling perfection, Sell all you have, and give to the poor and ... follow me. (Mk 10:21; Mt 19:21; Lk 18:22)

John
John
USCCB: Answers to Key Ethical Questions About COVID-19 Vaccines [usccb.org]

I strongly support the use of vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccines that are approved by the Catholic Church under certain circumstances. It’s reasoning has been described above, in the USCCB statement and the prior discussion.

The Catholic Church stands against government mandates that disrespect freedom of conscience, especially those formed from deeply held religious beliefs. The Colorado Catholic Conference [cocatholicconference.org] (the first one to show up from a search) summarizes Catholic Teaching on freedom of conscience and includes a Letter supporting religious exemptions from any and all vaccine mandates [mk0coloradocathlb09x.kinstacdn.com]. This exemption letter is to be provided to any Catholic in Colorado who objects to vaccinations for any reason. It is a very good primer on the topic.

R
R
I am grateful our Ruthenian priest is writing any parishioner who wants one, a letter to object to the unconstitutional and immoral mandates. It's truly disheartening so many Bishops and Priests have abandoned their duty as pastors of souls and capitulate to the godless atheist government and their agenda.

M
M
Originally Posted by jvf
I follow Catholic Church Doctrine on Abortion.

So then you are only concerned with moral implications of a medicine or vaccine if it was tested using aborted STEM cells, but not aborted cells of ANY OTHER KIND? This makes no sense, and from a Catholic moral standpoint, the morality of using something tainted with one would be no different than the morality of using something tainted with the other.

ajk Offline
Originally Posted by Ruthenian1988
I am grateful our Ruthenian priest is writing any parishioner who wants one, a letter to object to the unconstitutional and immoral mandates. It's truly disheartening so many Bishops and Priests have abandoned their duty as pastors of souls and capitulate to the godless atheist government and their agenda.
What is the content, i.e. text, of the letter? Is it specific to each person and their reason for objecting? Is it a statement of objections or a specific request for an exemption?

J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
"So then you are only concerned with moral implications of a medicine or vaccine if it was tested using aborted STEM cells, but not aborted cells of ANY OTHER KIND?"

What other kinds of aborted STEM cells are you talking about?
Animals like monkeys?

Catholic Church Doctrine is concerned only with aborted HUMAN STEM CELLS that were taken from the baby when it was alive than murdered through abortion.

J
jvf Offline OP
OP Offline
J
"I strongly support the use of vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccines that are approved by the Catholic Church under certain circumstances."

How can The Catholic Church APPROVE of an abortion tainted covid-19 mRNA "vaccine" when it was tested on Aborted STEM cell lines before clinical field trials.
This goes against Catholic Church Doctrine on abortion and the New Testament:

2 Timothy 4:3, NIV: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

PF and the USCCB just massaged Catholic Church Doctrine to support the democratic pro choice political agenda.

Last edited by jvf; 09/27/21 12:17 AM.
1 member likes this: Apotheoun
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.