The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Laetitia22, FrAnthony, Kmon23, ServusMariæ, Joe (dcn)
5,968 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 245 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,380
Posts416,688
Members5,968
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
You are correct because Mukachevo only came with Uzhhorod, not the Union of Brest. I was only thinking about the American situation.

R
R
I'm Greek Orthodox by baptism.

I have attended a UGCC church for a few years and attended a Byzantjne Catholic church and gone to youth retreats, pilgrimages, etc, for a couple years.

My experience is that the BCC and their people are less latinized and more zealously eastern (I e. No filioque, etc.). My experience is that the BCC is more patristic and traditionally eastern than Greek Orthodox which I found to be pretty modernized and liberal here in the USA (Elder Ephraim's athonite style monasteries excepted of course).

Also, around here (pacific northwest) all the BCC churches were founded by one man who is ultra zealous and eastern minded, which could be a contributing factor.

Reuben

1 member likes this: OEFNavyVet
S
S
Seems like more people need to be updated regarding the Eastern Catholic Churches. The Italian version of the Wikipedia page for Eastern Catholic Churches [it.wikipedia.org] no longer lists the Albanian Greek Catholic Church as "sui iuris". I am guessing the sole Byzantine-Rite Parish in Elbasan is now on a similar status as that of the Byzantine-Slavic-Rite Parish of Kostomloty in Poland. Interestingly however, the Byzantine-Rite Apostolic Administration of Kazakhstan and Central Asia is now considered its own Church sui iuris after previously being assigned under the Ruthenian Greek Catholic Church. The GCatholic website had also taken these [gcatholic.org] into account already.

ajk Offline
Originally Posted by ReubenAvalos
Also, around here (pacific northwest) all the BCC churches were founded by one man who is ultra zealous and eastern minded, which could be a contributing factor.
Who is the man?

How about just starting with a unified Byzantine Catholic hierarchy in the USA?

1 member likes this: JustinWJ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2023 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.