The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Lillian, ROCOR man, comehavebreakfast, EasternAquinas2, JasJac
5,876 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 98 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Byzantine Nebraska
Byzantine Nebraska
by orthodoxsinner2, December 11
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,217
Posts415,272
Members5,876
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
https://antiochian.org/regulararticle/1326

A Message from Metropolitan Joseph

September 2, 2022

Beloved Hierarchs, Reverend Clergy, Esteemed Members of the Board of Trustees and all the Faithful of our God-protected Archdiocese,

I greet all of you as we begin the new Ecclesiastical Year with much love and gratitude to Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

With God’s mercy, on Saturday, September 3, 2022, I am traveling to the Monastery of Balamand in Lebanon for a meeting with Our Father in Christ, Patriarch John X scheduled for Tuesday, September 6, 2022. The only item on our agenda is the sorrowful attack on the Antiochian Archdiocese of North America via scandalous gossip regarding me at the head as its Metropolitan.

Know that the church, from its beginning, has always and will always be attacked. This is a time for serious fasting and prayer and as your father in Christ, I beseech you to do so as earnestly as you can. Pray for the church, pray for me, pray for our accusers and for those who wish us harm. Pray with all your heart that the truth be revealed in God’s time and for His purpose, to spare His church from harm and evil doers and to be merciful on us and on all those who disobey Him.

From the holy fathers we read, “…do not take pleasure in listening to gossip or criticisms, or the calumnies, which some people spread about their brethren; but either stop them, if you can, or withdraw, so as not to hear them.” (from Unseen Warfare)

It is the hour for this Archdiocese to stand in unity, strength and to be unwavering in our devotion to God and His holy church. Love one another and forgive one another.

Yours in the service of Christ,
+JOSEPH
Archbishop of New York and Metropolitan of North America

Do these type of ecclesio-political things never end? 🤔 *sigh*
May God hear the prayers of the just and faithful. Amen.
Kyrie Eleison.

John
John
Prayers for our brothers in Christ in the Antiochian Archdiocese for all to be well in unity.

Lord, have mercy!

F
OP Offline
F
His Eminence Metropolitan Joseph has always greeted and treated me with gentleness and respect.

In my new, Ordained role I must seek his permission in order to enter and Commune with the Clergy of any Antiochian parish, which he has never denied me.

Since my own parish did not serve Liturgy for the Feast of the Indiction I obtained permission to Commune at the local Antiochian parish. it was a great blessing, particularly with all this "mess" that is swirling around.

Moderated by  Alice, Father Anthony 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2022 (Forum 1998-2022). All rights reserved.