Originally posted by djs:
I think that the Antiochian statement and your suggestion are nice examples of "vague mission statements" rather than examples of specfic action items that give substance to a real strategic plan. I don't think that such vision statements can help in the slightest to guard against "extinction"; to the extent that that threat is real, real action in real time is required. And that is what I asked you about.
Visions are vague. They tend to be quite aspirational too ...
Sounds like you�re looking for tactics. Here are a few thoughts in no particular order.
1. Hold an All-Metropolia Conference to lay all the cards on the table. It�s time to level with folks with a state of the ship.
2. Immediately start celebrating our complete Divine Liturgy without abbreviation in all parishes.
3. Get a core group of parishioners to commit to tithing for one year.
4. Start accepting men into minor orders and use them as ground troops in parishes to undertake the New Evangelization.
5. No more pre-cut prosphora. :rolleyes:
6. Return to our Orthodox Paschalia.
It would help if we had a vision and mission first. Then we could align appropriate tactics.