The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Reznut Offline OP
Silent Member
OP Offline
Silent Member
R
Christos Voskrese! Voistinu Voskrese!

This was taken today. She is looking more and more like a temple every week! biggrin

[Linked Image]

For more pics go to Reznut\'s Webshots Photo Albums [community.webshots.com] .

In Christ, Michelle

S
Cantor
Cantor
S
Originally posted by Reznut:
Christos Voskrese! Voistinu Voskrese!

This was taken today. She is looking more and more like a temple every week! biggrin

In Christ, Michelle
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Wow!!!

It will indeed be a beautiful temple. Keep us updated. I know I eagerly await the first Divine Liturgy and can only guess at the excitement at the parish. cool

Steve

GASP!
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! I WANNA COME THERE! Praise the Risen Lord...they are still building some churches properly!

Usque.

Usque
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Michelle,

Wonderful and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us once again.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Hi Michelle,

Awesome. Thanks for sharing the picture and your website.

BTW, we are driving to St. George's next Sunday to celebrate Divine Liturgy on Mother's Day. smile

In Christ,

Mary Jo

R
Reznut Offline OP
Silent Member
OP Offline
Silent Member
R
Very happy to share! After all, we are family! wink

Mary Jo - Say 'hi' to the dear Sisters for me when you seen them! I do miss them already. frown I hope I'll get to fly up there again soon.

Have a safe a wonderful trip up there!

In Christ, Michelle

U
U
Michelle,

I'm glad to see that Annuciation parish not only has a good Eastern (center dome) design, but also the fact that it will be of masonry/stucco outer design. In Eastern Europe (Subcarpathian-Rus', Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary) this usually the way Greek Catholic and Orthodox Churches have been built going back to the early 1800's.

Back in the 1990's when I made several trips to
Uzhorod, I noticed the building of the Orthodox Cathedral of Christ the Savior. They first build the outer shell using clay blocks and then later
used exterior plaster/stucco on the outside and then plaster on the interior as well. This really makes the building look solid. Unfortunately we don't always build such churches that well here in America. When the Archeparchial Cathedral was built back in 1993, it really turned out to modern-looking(carpet on floors, drywall interior walls, ultra-modern one tier Iconostas). Three cheers for your Parish for building a very traditional "Byzantine" style church. Will it be finished with a tiled roof in the South-Western motif?

Christos Voskrese! Voistinnu Voskrese!

Ungcsertezs

Originally posted by Ung-Certez:
Michelle,

I'm glad to see that Annuciation parish not only has a good Eastern (center dome) design, but also the fact that it will be of masonry/stucco outer design. In Eastern Europe (Subcarpathian-Rus', Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary) this usually the way Greek Catholic and Orthodox Churches have been built going back to the early 1800's.

I'm not sure at what you were looking, but exterior walls of the temple are wood frame with a 3 coat stucco system. Interior walls are covered with gypsum wallboard. Masonry exterior walls would have been cost prohibitive.

U
U
It looked more masonry than just stucco. That is still a better look than cheap faux stone.

Ungcsertezs

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.