The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Atomic Parakeet 1, Anna777, HeraclitusTheObscu, Charbelknox, Andreas_Iacobus
5,828 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (Apotheoun), 88 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Byzantine Nebraska
Byzantine Nebraska
by orthodoxsinner2, December 11
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,138
Posts414,733
Members5,828
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Thread Like Summary
Makumazahn
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by KostaC
KostaC
In the last few years, I've wanted to learn the Irish and learn about my (paternal) Irish ancestry. Although the last member of my family who had any knowledge of Irish was my Great Grandmother (and I believe that was limited to just about the Our Father), I want to learn the language regardless. I was quite surprised, thus, to read about the ministry of Fr. Serge Kelleher and the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Ireland. I was really surprised to read on a website that Fr. Kelleher and the UGCC released a bilingual edition of the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom in both Irish and Ukrainian (it might've been Church Slavonic if I recall correctly) and on a blog that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has also celebrated the Divine Liturgy in Irish, too. However, despite searching the internet for any online copy or anywhere where I could purchase a copy, I just can't find anything at all. I've considered writing a letter to the main office of the UGCC in Ireland and asked an Eastern Catholic friend of mine to help me write an email in Ukrainian (their website is entirely in Ukrainian: that's why I think it might be better to communicate with them in Ukrainian), but we're all so busy this semester. I figured that I might have a shot of finding someone who can answer my question here. Is there anyone, anyone at all, that has any sort of connection to the Ukrainian Catholic Church anywhere in Ireland and knows where I could purchase a print copy of this bilingual edition? On second thought, does anyone also know if such a copy exists online as well? Thank you.
Liked Replies
by KostaC
KostaC
Is there anyone still reading this that can help me in my search to find a translated copy, please?
1 member likes this
by Craig Dunford
Craig Dunford
I've got a copy - Fr Serge (or An t-athair Brian, as he used to sign himself in our exchanges!) sent me a copy.

I'll see if I can get it scanned and uploaded.

Regards

Craig
1 member likes this
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2022 (Forum 1998-2022). All rights reserved.