The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Filipe YTOL, 1 invisible), 388 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,750
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Thread Like Summary
Veronica.H
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Veronica.H
Veronica.H
My prayer rope is ten years old and starting to show wear. Honestly, I sorta like seeing the signs of use on it.

When is it time to replace?
Liked Replies
by theophan
theophan
Christ is in our midst!!

Veronica,

I don't have an official answer. I replaced mine when it physically came apart. It was made of wool, had become stretched, and one day separated between two knots. It was in bad shape, but I had had it for about 41 years.
1 member likes this
by Phillip Rolfes
Phillip Rolfes
Hi Veronica,

As a maker of prayer ropes, I'd encourage you to keep using your current prayer rope unless it's either falling apart or you've become overly attached to it.

That last bit sounds odd, I know, but I have a tendency to get attached to the prayer ropes that I make for my own personal use. When that happens it's usually a sign that the Lord is about to put someone in my life who needs a prayer rope, and I end up passing my personal rope along to them. Then it's months before I finally take the time to make myself a new one.

Signs of wear on a prayer rope are like signs of wear on a Bible, in my opinion. It makes the item unique to you and almost an extension of yourself. Wear on your prayer rope is a sign of growth in your life with the Lord.
1 member likes this
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.