The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Thread Like Summary
Alice, J Michael, OEFNavyVet
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#423107 01/07/2023 12:27 AM
by Alice
Alice
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Please say a prayer for the soul of my beloved mother Jeannette who passed away yesterday. She was 88 and was ill with gastric cancer for 8 months, 7 of which I had her in hospice at home, the last 3 weeks in a hospice facility.
She was a faith filled woman. May God have mercy on her soul.
Thank you. 🙏
Alice
Liked Replies
by Communion of Saints
Communion of Saints
Dear Alice,
Prayers for the blessed repose of the soul of your mother and for you and your family as you have cared for her all these many months in every way.
Prayers and most sincere condolences Alice! Thinking of you always. Communion of Saints
1 member likes this
by Fr. Al
Fr. Al
Memory Eternal!
1 member likes this
by theophan
theophan
Christ is Born!!

Alice,

With the souls of the Righteous, give rest, O Savior, to the soul of your handmaid departed, Jeannette, in a place of brightness, a place of green pastures, a place of repose from whence all sickness, sorrow, and sighing have fled away, and where the sight of Your Face enlightens, gladdens, and sanctifies that life of yours which is lived by the saints whom You have gathered from from all the ages.

Memory Eternal.
1 member likes this
by Ecaterina
Ecaterina
Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, forgive all Jeanette's mistakes and rest her soul in Your eternal light and love!
Most Holy Theotokos and Saint John the Baptist protector of Jeanette through her baptismal name, pray for her soul and for the comfort and wellbeing to all her surviving relatives!
May the Lord forgive her and rest her with His Saints!

Amen.
1 member likes this
by Administrator
Administrator
Alice,

I am so sorry to hear this!

May the Lord God grant to His servant, Jeanette, a blessed repose in a place of peace and light.

Eternal Memory!

John
1 member likes this
by OEFNavyVet
OEFNavyVet
Memory eternal. My condolences to you and you family for her passing.
1 member likes this
by Christbearer25
Christbearer25
Memory eternal. May her soul rest in peace!
1 member likes this
by Marian
Marian
May God rest in peace the soul of your mother!
1 member likes this
by Orthodox Catholic
Orthodox Catholic
Dear Mother Alice,

Please accept our deepest condolences on the passing of your mother - both my wife and I pray for the repose of her soul!

Today would have been my mother, Helen's, 98th birthday. She was a seamstress and she died on February 23rd seven years ago.

I keep her scissors and other dressmaking instruments around me as well as her devotional objects. I held them as a young child when I was around her as she worked and I still hold them in my hands. They help keep me close to her.

When Pope St John Paul II's mother died when he was nine, he went to the icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa and prayed, "You will be my Mother from now on."

That is a prayer that becomes especially poignant to all of us who have lost our mothers.

They are with us still and await us in heaven!
1 member likes this
by J Michael
J Michael
So very sorry for your loss, Alice.

May Jeanette's memory be eternal! And may God grant you comfort and consolation.
1 member likes this
by Alice
Alice
JMichael,
Thank you. 🙏
1 member likes this
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.