www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Reznut Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/19/05 12:10 AM
Well, it looks like we may get to have our first liturgy in the new Temple on Christmas Day (please pray for us). Today we all toured the open areas of the Temple while a photographer from our local newspaper, OC Register, took photos of the occasion. There should be a full-page spread about our new Temple in the newspaper on Christmas Day. I'll let you know if it made it in there.

In the meantime, here is a photo of our dome that finally has a cross on it.

[Linked Image]

Also, here is a a link again to my Webshots photo album [community.webshots.com] that has today's photos. Please pardon the fact that I haven't had the time to edit them so some are not the greatest quality. I just wanted to post all of this as soon as possible so that anyone who will be in the area on Christmas Day may consider coming to celebrate with us in our new Temple.

In Christ, Michelle
Posted By: Orthodox Pyrohy Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/19/05 12:40 AM
Looks great! Bet you all are excited to hear all the singing in that big temple!
Posted By: JohnS. Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/19/05 11:55 AM
Very beautiful, Michelle!
Posted By: Our Lady's slave Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/19/05 01:44 PM
MIchelle

It's stunning . I can't wait to see the photos when everything is in , the Holy Table has been consecrated and at last this wonderful Church is being used for the Glory of God
Posted By: Ung-Certez Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/20/05 09:07 AM
Reznut,

What will the Ikonostas look like when it is installed?

Ungcsertezs
Posted By: Reznut Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/20/05 08:37 PM
I haven't seen the plans for the iconostasis so I have no clue. I think the only thing I can safely say, judging by the materials used in our Temple, is that I doubt it will be a wooden one.

In Christ, Michelle
Posted By: Carson Daniel Re: Anaheim Annunciation Update - 12/20/05 09:11 PM
Among so many beautiful features of your temple I must say that Dome is just absolutely exquisite.

CDL
© The Byzantine Forum