www.byzcath.org
http://byztex.blogspot.com/2014/03/polish-orthodox-church-returns-to-old.html?spref=fb
What will happen with all the feast days between the 15th and the end of the month? That's kind of an odd logistical challenge since they will have theoretically celebrated them before the 15th. Or am I thinking about this wrong?
The last sentence dealing with the calendar came out poorly. If there is a neccesity, the new style (calendar) may be observed.
I lived in Poland for two years and liked their Orthodox Church a lot. There was not any Ukrainian or Byelorussian nationalism, since they pretty much identified as Poles and they were low key because of the dominant religion there.
Dear Mark,

You mean Poles aren't nationalistic?

Or are you thinking of Telephone Poles? smile

Alex
O.C.,
I meant people of different ethnic heritages in Poland...such as would the Orthodox in Poland. Half of an old friend's family was from the historically Byelorussian area around the Bug river and she was adamant that they considered themselves Poles. I was disappointed. I suppose they were in the same position as Rusyns in Slovakia once, who preferred to identify as Slovaks rather than get shipped off to the much worse off Soviet Union.
BTW, lots of Poles in big cities are not that nationalistic, and fewer in them are even practicing Catholics.
MR
What will happen with all the feast days between the 15th and the end of the month? That's kind of an odd logistical challenge since they will have theoretically celebrated them before the 15th.

When the Church switched to the new calendar the Saints whose feast fell in the thirteen day change were celebrated all at once, I believe. Something similar could happen with some Saints can being celebrated twice.
I had a xeroxed set of the liturgical books of the Polish Orthodox Church in Old Church Slavonic. They were very well done. As I recall they used no abbreviations and no titli. I only wish I still had them. Многая лета, дорогие братцы православные и грекокатолики в Польше!
Ot'ets N:
Cerkiew.pl has a sklep (store). Maybe some are are available there cheap in hard copy.
© The Byzantine Forum