www.byzcath.org
Posted By: John Doucette Grand Duchess Elizabeth - 01/01/15 09:43 PM
I am wondering if many of the good members of the Byzantine Forum are familiar with the book about Saint Elizabeth the New Martyr that is entitled "Grand Duchess Elizabeth - New Martyr of the Communist Yoke" written by Lobov Millar. It is an absolutely fabulous book and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in her. I am very much interested in Saint Elizabeth and would enjoy hearing about others who are very much devoted to her.
Posted By: Lester S Re: Grand Duchess Elizabeth - 01/31/15 06:06 PM
I'll definitely put it as one of my reads, in a list of many preceding it. The OCA parish I've been going to had just commemorated her, and the new martyrs of Russia, last Sunday.
Posted By: griego catolico Re: Grand Duchess Elizabeth - 02/01/15 07:40 PM
I bought my copy at the ROCOR cathedral in San Francisco. I especially like the generous amount of pictures that have been added to the latest edition.

There is a misidentification in one of the photos. In the section of photos that follows page 344, there is one of an icon which shows Saints Elizabeth, Barbara, Mitrofan Srebrianski and another nun. She is identified as "Righteous Nun Elizabeth (Fr. Mitrofan's wife)". It's actually St. Evdokia Kuzminova, who was a nun at the Martha-Mary Convent and later martyred. Link. [drevo-info.ru]

I believe another edition of the book is called for in light of the fact that the current edition was published before the 100th anniversary celebration of the Martha-Mary Convent, which saw the return of part of the relics of Saints Elizabeth and Barbara. It'd be nice to include a new chapter which covers this celebration.
© The Byzantine Forum