www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Mark R 23rd Anniversary Death of Fr. Seraphim Rose - 09/02/15 03:48 PM
Today September 2, 2015 is the 23rd anniversary of the death of Fr. Seraphim Rose. I realize he is a controversial figure, but name a noncontroversial figure who has had a sizable impact. I credit one of his recorded talks for my renewed devotion to Eastern Christianity and for possibly keeping me from bailing on the Church altogether. Former outsiders, like Thomas Merton or John Henry Cardinal Newman, often have a perspective on their adopted milieu which others take for granted to the point of being beneath notice.
I know some of Fr. Seraphim's views were a little weird. However, he is to be thanked for bringing to our attention two things:
1.) The Correctness Disease &
2.) Orthodoxy of the Heart.
“It is later than you think! Hasten, therefore, to do the work of God.”
Posted By: jova Re: 23rd Anniversary Death of Fr. Seraphim Rose - 09/05/15 10:40 AM
May his memory be eternal. He played a part in my husband's conversion. We have one of his books.
Has he not been formally glorified yet? Or by at least one or more Orthodox jurisdictions?

Alex
I do not think so. It would be up to ROCOR or the Serbian Patriarchate, since his monastery now falls under that jurisdiction, I suppose. I believe it is only in the last few years that ROCOR has opened up more about their association with Fr. Seraphim (they had no difficulties with him as much as with some of his followers).
© The Byzantine Forum