www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Lawrence Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 02:24 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7161590.stm
Posted By: Dr. Eric Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 03:15 PM
Lord have mercy on her!
Posted By: byzanTN Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 03:57 PM
I heard that a little while ago on the news. I had hoped there would be some kind of peaceful transition to democracy in that country. Now, who knows?
Posted By: ebed melech Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 04:01 PM
Lord have mercy...especially on the Christian minority in Pakistan.

Gordo
Posted By: Lawrence Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 04:23 PM

And it's unclear who was behind the assassination. Islamic extremists or Musharraf. Alot of people in Pakistan are blaming the latter.
Posted By: Amadeus Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 04:39 PM
The only credible alternative to Pakistan's ruling military junta has been tragically silenced!

Despite her own shortcomings, Benazir Bhutto on her return from exile, was again the acknowledged leader of the democratic forces in her native land.

I pray that the country is spared from civil war!

Amado
Posted By: Stephanos I Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 05:51 PM
May she be enlightened and turn to Christ and be received into the Eternal Kingdom. God' have mercy on her.
Stephanos I
Posted By: Robert K Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/27/07 11:25 PM
this is a huge stroke against democracy and everything that could have been hoped for much of the middle east.
Anything that further destabilises Pakistan bodes poorly for those of us in Afghanistan. I'm very interested to see how things play out, especially elections, in the next three months.
Posted By: Alice Re: Benazir Bhutto Has Been Assassinated - 12/28/07 12:32 AM
May our Lord have mercy on her soul.
"Anything that further destabilizes Pakistan bodes poorly for those of us in Afghanistan."

As well for all those in India.

Terry
© The Byzantine Forum