www.byzcath.org
Posted By: lanceg Divna Ljubojevic, Serbian Orthodox Singer - 03/18/08 02:45 AM
I recently bought a beautiful CD of Byzantine music, The Glory of Byzantium [amazon.com] , and I have fallen in love with the voice of a singer featured on this CD, Serbian Orthodox Singer, Divna Ljubojevic.

However, I am having a whale of a time finding much information about her on the internet, or finding other recordings by her or featuring her.

Is anyone else familiar with her, and do you know how I can find out more about her, and order other music by her?

I know she has another CD for sale on Amazon, In Concert - Theatre Des Abbesses, Paris [amazon.com]; and her first CD is Myst´┐Żres Byzantins, but I cannot find that anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

A Byzantine Christian in a Postmodern World [byzantinechristian.blogspot.com]
Posted By: Nan Re: Divna Ljubojevic, Serbian Orthodox Singer - 03/18/08 03:06 AM
Mysteres Byzantins [amazon.fr] is available on Amazon France.

Her Myspace [myspace.com] page has a few songs on it.

Jade Records does not have an active webpage but appears to be a label of Milan Records [milanrecords.com].
Posted By: lanceg Re: Divna Ljubojevic, Serbian Orthodox Singer - 03/18/08 03:21 AM
Nan,

Thank you, I actually found her My Space page just before I logged back on, but I am impressed with how fast you responded! Are you a fan, or have you listened to her? She has a great voice. I love the Glory of Byzantium CD, I recommend it!

Blessings,

Lance

A Byzantine Christian in a Postmodern World [byzantinechristian.blogspot.com]
Posted By: Nan Re: Divna Ljubojevic, Serbian Orthodox Singer - 03/18/08 03:33 AM
Lance,

That was actually a slow reply, first one disappeared before I could hit submit. Have not heard of her previously, nor have I taken the time to listen; I should be asleep.

Googling from a different point of view.

Nan
© The Byzantine Forum