www.byzcath.org
Posted By: Father Borislav High back vestment sale - 07/22/10 01:08 PM
This is a post directed primarily at priests who wear high back vestments.

I am planning a pretty deep summer discount on my stock on the high back style vestments. Especially if people buy more than one set. Here is what is available. If you are interested we can discuss the price on the phone. 617-792-5434 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              617-792-5434      end_of_the_skype_highlighting Or drop me an email @ BorislavKroner@gmail.com

All of these are in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Russian-Orthodo..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eff2cafa0

http://cgi.ebay.com/Russian-Orthodo..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efed83e5e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Russian-Orthodo..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3effd64c96

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270563272738&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Available Greek Styles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280500185872&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

There are many folks from the forum who have ordered from me, and I do thank you for your support of my small business! smile

Thank you in advance for any new orders.

As always if something is not to your liking I do an exchange or refund on any and all items.

Posted By: Fr. Deacon Thomas Re: High back vestment sale - 07/23/10 03:29 AM
The burgundy is gorgeous...alas and alak, I already have quite sufficient gothic and Roman red vestments, but if this were two decades ago.....
Posted By: Fr David Straut Re: High back vestment sale - 07/23/10 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by Thomas the Seeker
The burgundy is gorgeous...alas and alak, I already have quite sufficient gothic and Roman red vestments, but if this were two decades ago.....
If this were two decades ago... what? I do not know enough about you personally to know how that sentence should end.

The overly curious

Fr David Straut
Posted By: likethethief Re: High back vestment sale - 07/23/10 04:20 AM
On Jul 11 on Orthodox-Church-Needleworkers yahoo group Father Basil Grisel also posted a number of "Russian made items" he wishes to sell off -- a number of sets of Russian made and styled, priests vestments, and yardage and other components for making vestments or altar covers. PM me if you're interested in his address. I wish we had money to buy a few of the components.

(Fr Deacon Borislav- I hope it's not inappropriate to add this to your post. -Marylouise)
Posted By: Fr. Deacon Thomas Re: High back vestment sale - 07/24/10 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fr David Straut
If this were two decades ago...

....and I knew then what I know now I would have hit the "buy it now" button with little hesitation.
Posted By: Father Borislav Re: High back vestment sale - 07/24/10 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Fr David Straut
If this were two decades ago...

....and I knew then what I know now I would have hit the "buy it now" button with little hesitation.

Wait I am lost.

So you will take them all!

Great!!!

I will be expecting your check any day now!

HA HA smile
Posted By: Fr Serge Keleher Re: High back vestment sale - 07/24/10 04:03 PM
If I may ask a serious question: can you produce Old-Ritualist vestments?

Fr. Serge
Posted By: Pani Rose Re: High back vestment sale - 07/24/10 07:50 PM
Anyone interested in the Needleworkers group can join here
Orthodox-Church-Needleworkers [groups.yahoo.com]

Amazingly talented gifts from God these people share.
Posted By: dochawk Re: High back vestment sale - 07/25/10 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Deacon Borislav

HA HA smile

Aren't nearly all Czechs Roman Rite?

Perhaps he could send you a slav instead?

smile

Posted By: Fr Serge Keleher Re: High back vestment sale - 07/27/10 06:16 PM
Don't Czechs sometimes bounce?
Posted By: Fr. Al Re: High back vestment sale - 07/27/10 09:49 PM
I don't know about Czechs bouncing,but years ago my sons were performing a Slovak folk dance at the Czech Hall in Cleveland.
My older son almost bowled over the director of a local Czech Radio program,who happened to be standing behind him.Had my son actually done that, he might have made the man a canceled Czech!
Posted By: Michael_Thoma Re: High back vestment sale - 07/27/10 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by dochawk
Originally Posted by Deacon Borislav

HA HA smile

Aren't nearly all Czechs Roman Rite?

Perhaps he could send you a slav instead?

smile
as far as i'm aware, most Czechs are of the atheist variety, among Catholics, most if not all, are Latin -- i wonder which bounce higher, or are the Slav Byzantine bouncers the one's to be envied?!
Posted By: Chtec Re: High back vestment sale - 07/28/10 01:41 AM
Married to a Czech? Then you have a Czech mate!

A Bohemian who eats too much? I guess that would be a Chubby Czecher.

David
Posted By: Garajotsi Re: High back vestment sale - 07/28/10 12:53 PM
But banks like the Czechs!

They love to cash (cache! ) them!

Kolya
Posted By: Father Paisius Re: High back vestment sale - 07/28/10 01:18 PM
Just wondering what jokes about a nationality have to do with the sale of Orthodox vestments.
Father Paisius
Posted By: Fr. Al Re: High back vestment sale - 07/29/10 01:33 AM
You're right,Fr.Paisius,let's get back on topic.Fr.Deacon,have you got any lowback vestments at somewhat more reasonable prices?
Those highbacks are beautiful,but outside my budget,plus I serve a Serbian parish,where lowbacks are the rule.
If anyone wants to discuss the Czechs,perhaps we can start another thread.I'm a big fan of Dvorak and the great Czech Panslavist,Karel Kramar.Another great Czech was General Radola Gajda,who as an officer in the Czechoslovak legion fighting in Russia,tried to rescue the imprisoned Royal Family.Incidently,his mother was Serbian.
Posted By: Fr Serge Keleher Re: High back vestment sale - 07/29/10 03:12 PM
Must Czech this out.

I sent a perfectly serious question to this thread earlier in the week - the question is still on the thread and everyone may read it.

When I receive the common courtesy of an answer, perhaps I shall stop jesting.

Fr. Serge
Posted By: Alice Re: High back vestment sale - 07/29/10 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fr Serge Keleher
Must Czech this out.

I sent a perfectly serious question to this thread earlier in the week - the question is still on the thread and everyone may read it.

When I receive the common courtesy of an answer, perhaps I shall stop jesting.

Fr. Serge

Question asked by Father Serge early in the thread and not answered:

If I may ask a serious question: can you produce Old-Ritualist vestments?

Fr. Serge
Posted By: Father Borislav Re: High back vestment sale - 07/31/10 03:54 AM
Sorry, I was on vacation.

Back now.

Basic Greek Style Vestments in all liturgical colors are 345 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greek-Orthodox-..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414f7a0062

Posted By: Father Borislav Re: High back vestment sale - 07/31/10 03:56 AM
Dear Father Serge, forgive my long silence. Just came back from Cape Cod.

If you can give me pictures of what you would like we can reproduce it. Just like Greek Style Russian style is 345 for any liturgical color. I don't think Old Rite will cost much more if at all.
Posted By: 70x7 Re: High back vestment sale - 07/31/10 01:11 PM
Zelený čtvrtek (Green Thursday) is how the Czechs refer to Maundy Thursday. One explanation is that in many places, before the thirteenth century, green vestments were used for the Mass that day. I am so glad that there's a historic connection between Czechs and vestments.

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_culture/czech_holidays/easter/green_thursday.html

Ray
Posted By: Chtec Re: High back vestment sale - 07/31/10 02:07 PM
That website doesn't give any references for this information. Before we accept this, I think we need a Fact Czecher.
Posted By: 70x7 Re: High back vestment sale - 07/31/10 02:10 PM
What do you mean? The bottom of the article says: "Sources include: My Czech Republic (www.myczechrepublic.com [myczechrepublic.com])" Isn't that good enough?

Posted By: Father Borislav Re: High back vestment sale - 08/02/10 07:25 PM
Once again if anyone is intrested in any of those high backs I can do just about any of those sets for 1000.

© The Byzantine Forum