www.byzcath.org
Posted By: PJT Intoduction - 09/06/11 05:39 PM
Hello, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been reading this forum on-and-off for years now. I just joined, but still don't think I have anything of interest to add to the conversations yet.

Although my maternal grandmother was Ruthenian, I grew up Roman. Luckily, as a teenager, I was blessed with the spiritual direction of a holy Melkite deacon and bi-ritual Jesuit, both of whom have fallen asleep in the Lord. I have a deep love for the Byzantine traditions, and find myself consistently looking toward the Byzantine tradition for formation.

I have attended Divine Liturgy at the Monastery of the Holy Cross in DC for years. However, it is small, and there aren't many children there for my young kids to meet. I live between Baltimore and DC, so I'm slowly investigating other eastern churches nearby.

Anyway, I don't really have a question. I don't know how long I'll remain the perpetual lurker, but I thank all of the knowledgable participents on this forum for their words.
Posted By: theophan Re: Intoduction - 09/06/11 11:50 PM
PJT:

Christ is in our midst!!

Welcome to the forum. I invite you to take a look at the post in this section titled "Who We are." Then jump right in when the Spirit moves you.

Check out the Directory of parishes associated with this forum. Our brother, Irish Melkite works very hard to keep it up to date for those looking for a place to call spiritual home.

Bob
Posted By: Irish Melkite Re: Intoduction - 09/07/11 06:28 AM
PJT,

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of lurkers out there and we love it when they decide to step out of the shadows (I admit to having done as you describe for several years prior to finally registering).

As Bob says, the directory hopefully can assist you in finding a parish, although I'll readily admit that it is still lacking many entries. (My efforts are directed not so much at keeping it up-to-date as to try and get it to the point where it is up-to-date.)

Many years,

Neil
Posted By: PJT Re: Intoduction - 09/07/11 12:00 PM
How do I get to the directory of parishes?
Posted By: theophan Re: Intoduction - 09/07/11 12:43 PM
Go up to the top of your screen, click on byzcath.org, and you'll find it listed as "Find-a-parish."

Bob
Posted By: Pisces Re: Intoduction - 09/20/11 01:59 AM
Hello and welcome! I was born and raised Roman, but married a Byzantine guy, so now I'm Byz also. I haven't been very active here myself but enjoy reading others' posts.
Posted By: Irish Melkite Re: Intoduction - 09/20/11 07:19 AM
PJT,

Just noticed this thread again (thanks to Pisces posting to it and bringing it back to the top). If you didn't have any luck finding a parish, or need more info about ones in your area (MD still is not complete on the directory), PM me.

Many years,

Neil
© The Byzantine Forum