VATICAN CITY, 24 APR 2010 (VIS) - In view of the Special Assembly of the Synod of Bishops for the Middle East, due to take place in the Vatican from 10 to 24 October on the theme "The Catholic Church in the Middle East: Communion and Witness. 'The whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul'", the Holy Father appointed:
- His Beatitude Cardinal Nasrallah Pierre Sfeir, Patriarch of Antioch of the Maronites, Lebanon, as president delegate "ad honorem".
- His Beatitude Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly, Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, Iraq, as president delegate "ad honorem".
- Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, prefect of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches, as president delegate.
- His Beatitude Ignace Youssif III Younan, Patriarch of Antioch of the Syrians, Lebanon, as president delegate.
- His Beatitude Antonios Naguib, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Copts, Egypt, as relator general.
- Archbishop Joseph Soueif of Cyprus of the Maronites, as special secretary.
SS/VIS 20100426 (170)