Bishop Gerald Nicholas Dino, Eparch Emeritus of Phoenix, fell asleep in the Lord on November 14, 2020. Born in 1940 in Binghamton, New York, he was ordained a priest for the Eparchy of Pasaic on March 21, 1965. On December 6, 2007, Pope Benedict XVI appointed him bishop of the Eparchy of Van Nuys, and on March 27, 2008 he was consecrated a bishop and served until his retirement at age 76 in 2016.
The Office of Christian Burial for His Grace, Gerald Nicholas Dino will take place at St. Stephen Byzantine Catholic Cathedral, 8141 North 16th Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85020, as follows:
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Transfer of the Body to the Cathedral at 3:00 p.m.
- Reception of the Body at 4:00 p.m.
- Visitation from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- First Evening Office of Readings at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- Visitation from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m
- Second Evening Parastas at 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 3, 2020
- Funeral Divine Liturgy at 10:00 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, Memorial Gifts may be made to the Eparchy of Phoenix.