The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Drummerboy, FrankoMD, +resurrexi+, Eala, Halogirl5
6,004 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 436 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,404
Posts416,800
Members6,004
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B

B
B
Thank you for sharing this. Father Dennis was my pastor when I was a child, some 40 years ago. It is good to see him. May God grant him many years!

Last edited by babochka; 08/13/12 03:12 AM.
[quote=babochka]Thank you for sharing this. Father Dennis was my pastor when I was a child, some 40 years ago. It is good to see him. May God grant him many years!
[/quote]

Wow, he's that old?! Seriously? I remembered serving under him as an altar boy over at Holy Spirit when I was a kid, and that was only, like, 20 years ago. I knew him a little bit before that over at St. Mary's in Old Brooklyn/Cleveland. Wow, thanks for telling me this. Never figured he was a pastor for THAT long of time!

Archpriest Dennis served with Bishop John and other priests from the Eparchy at Fr. Sid Sidor's funeral last Saturday at St. Athanasius in Indianapolis. Someone thought that two bishops from the Eparchy were there since he wore his miter.

Hmm... I'm guessing that a Mitred Archpriest is kind of the Eastern equivalent of an abbot in the Latin Church, so he's probably one step behind being one of the Auxilliary Bishops, perhaps?

B
B
Originally Posted by 8IronBob
Wow, he's that old?! Seriously? I remembered serving under him as an altar boy over at Holy Spirit when I was a kid, and that was only, like, 20 years ago. I knew him a little bit before that over at St. Mary's in Old Brooklyn/Cleveland. Wow, thanks for telling me this. Never figured he was a pastor for THAT long of time!

Yep, he's that old. (Not sure what that makes me!) I'm pretty sure we were his first parish and he was our 2nd pastor, as I recall. I've got some great vintage pictures of him, too. Do you remember when tight, curly perms were "in" during the 70s? Picture Fr. Dennis in one of those. (Of course you don't remember if you were a child 20 years ago!) He looks good, though, doesn't he? He came out a few years ago for our parish anniversary.

Heh, yeah, I'm only 31 (going on 32 in another month from next Thursday). However, yeah, I do remember seeing him at St. Mary's in the Old Brooklyn area of Cleveland after I made First Communion, and he replaced the late Msgr. Vaida at Holy Spirit a couple of years later, where I was an altar boy at.

I actually had a chance to meet Fr. Dennis again today at a festival that he and his parish were holding over at St. Mary Magdalene Parish. It was a great reunion to be sure. Had a chance to tour the church, and have a good meal (Goulash Dinner). Although he's only part-time at the parish with his new rank, since most of his everyday work is at Bishop John's second-in-command post, or would he be third in command in the Eparchy now? Can't remember the new Byzantine ranking system.

S
S
God grant him many happy years!

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.