The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Drummerboy, FrankoMD, +resurrexi+, Eala, Halogirl5
6,004 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 436 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,404
Posts416,800
Members6,004
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

S
S
Now he can marry his 20-something ballerina. The heart wants what the heart wants. And when you're Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putin, your heart usually gets what it wants, one way or another.

LOL--I was waiting for your comment Stuart-- (being that, time and time again, you have shown yourself to be a great fan of Pres. Putin !) wink *wink* wink LOL!

S
S
If there is a community property law in Russia, does this mean Lyudmilla gets half of Russia? Which half, I wonder. And do Russian women still Want a Man Like Putin [youtube.com] ?

So much for the "Till Death Do Us Part, So Long as I Shall Live" that all are taught at marriage. We need to restore this in society again, that marriage should be sacred, and a lifelong commitment to Christian Unity as a family.

Originally Posted by StuartK
If there is a community property law in Russia, does this mean Lyudmilla gets half of Russia? Which half, I wonder. And do Russian women still Want a Man Like Putin [youtube.com] ?

Powerful and intense men like him tend to be considered quite attractive to many women the world over...thus the great temptations such men face because of these (young and attractive) women throwing themselves at them .

D
DMD Offline
D
Originally Posted by Alice

Powerful and intense men like him tend to be considered quite attractive to many women the world over...thus the great temptations such men face because of these (young and attractive) women throwing themselves at them .

It takes two to tango.

S
S
"Till Death Do Us Part, So Long as I Shall Live" that all are taught at marriage.

Actually, that's part of the Latin rite of marriage. In the Byzantine rite of Crowning in Marriage, there are no vows exchanged (and where those have been added, they are a latinization). Since the couple don't marry each other, but are married by the priest, an exchange of promises is unnecessary. They have no power to break the sacramental bond, which remains even beyond death. Remarriage, for whatever reason, is a concession to human weakness, and not sacramental according to the Eastern theology of marriage.

E
E
he is and was always a creep, I find the attachment to him even creepier

S
S
Eamon, don't you know that President Putin is a "gift from God"? Patriarch Kyril himself said so. To not love Putin is to hate Orthodoxy.

B
B
So there will be a new tsarina? Putin, a monarch without the class of the Romanovs.

J
jjp Offline
J
Originally Posted by Alice

That's the reason I cheat on my wife.

What are ya gonna do?

B
B
That's the reason I cheat on my wife.

What are ya gonna do?

Hah! ROFL

Eamon, don't you know that President Putin is a "gift from God"? Patriarch Kyril himself said so. To not love Putin is to hate Orthodoxy.

Stuart-I don't expect you to accept what I am saying, but I believe that you have *chosen* to completely misconstrue and take out of context what His Holiness Kyril was suggesting in this statement.

I think that if you think about it without the passion of hatred for President Putin which you seem to have, you might, atleast within yourself, understand what I am saying.

Gifts and answers to prayers from God often come through circumstance and/or individuals. Those individuals do not necessarily have to be pious or even believers. God uses men to do His will.

S
S
What did Russia ever do to God to deserve such a gift, then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.