The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Drummerboy, FrankoMD, +resurrexi+, Eala, Halogirl5
6,004 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 436 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,404
Posts416,800
Members6,004
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Friends, the following announcement has just come out from the chancery office of the Eparchy of Passaic:

+++++++
A live feed of the Ordination and Enthronement of Bishop Kurt Burnette, Fifth Bishop of Passaic can be watched on Wednesday, December 4 at 2:30. The Ordination and Enthronement can be seen via the internet by using the following:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eparchy-of-passaic

Please spread the word!
+++++++

Also, OLTV will be doing a multi-camera video recording that ...

-- will be available for purchase in CD and DVD format from our website, and
-- EWTN has requested a copy of our edited video, with commentary, for later broadcast on their network.

More details to follow.

Jack Figel
Exec Producer, OLTV

Last edited by JLF; 11/29/13 07:16 PM.
J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And it's just been announced that ...

From the Chancery:

“Spread the word!”

Solemn Vespers this Tuesday beginning at 5:00PM will be broadcast from the Cathedral in Passaic on USTREAM by navigating to the following website:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eparchy-of-passaic

Please announce, spread the word!

Thank you kindly!

W
W
Axios! Axios! Axios! God grant to his servant Kurt, bishop of Passaic, many blessed years!

Axios! Axios! Axios!

Thank you and God Bless you JLF for the link to this precious event!!

L
L

Axios! What a beautiful ceremony. It was wonderful to see some many of the Eastern Bishops present.

My question was Bishop Gregory of the Carpatho Rusyns invited? If he was did he attend? If he didn't attend shame on him. If he wasn't invited shame on us.
Metropolitan Schott and Metropolitan Nicholas worked hard to unite. Hopefully the new leaders continue to build on the foundation that the Metropolitans started.

C
C
Originally Posted by Little Green Coat
My question was Bishop Gregory of the Carpatho Rusyns invited? If he was did he attend? If he didn't attend shame on him. If he wasn't invited shame on us.

He did not attend, but there is no need to "shame" him! He was in Berlin for a conference on religious freedom:

http://conference.archons.org/

Fr. David

D
D
As far as Bishop Gregory goes... God has his back! (Romans 8: 1,2)

~s.

J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Friends, a 5-camera edited DVD of this liturgy is now available for purchase from the online catalog of the OL Conference & TV website at the following link:

https://secure.webvalence.com/ecomm...nce&kiosk=Media&subclass=liturgy

It is the last item on this list of Special Event liturgies that we have recorded and produced over the last two years. The product number is #SE13.

Once we have the broadcast date and time from EWTN, we will announce it.

Jack

Last edited by JLF; 12/14/13 11:59 PM.
B
B
And I am waiting to see this on EWTN instead of all the usual reruns and endless popular devotions!

J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Great News! I have just today received confirmation that the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy and Consecration/Enthronement of Bishop Kurt Burnette that I recorded and edited will air on EWTN on Saturday, February 8, 2014 at 1:00 pm ET. It is not the single-camera version that was broadcast live and available on the internet, but a multi-camera edition with improved audio, closeups, and commentary explanations. It will be essentially the version we offer as a 2+ hour DVD.

Please spread the word to all of our clergy and faithful as widely as possible, have it announced this Sunday in all of our parishes, and ask everyone to contact EWTN after the program by email, phone or regular mail, encouraging them to broadcast more Eastern Christian programming.

We have several more liturgies and other educational programs that we want to propose to EWTN for broadcast, maybe even a weekly prime-time series, and a strong demonstration of viewership would help.

Thanks,
Jack Figel
Producer OLTV

That sounds great! Thanks for your efforts.

J
J
Thanks for your work to get this onto EWTN, will try to publicize this as much as possible!

J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
All, I just watched the interview of Fr Mark Morozowich (Dean of Theology at The Catholic University of America in Washington) on Fr Mitch Pacwa's program EWTN Live. At the break they showed a nice advert for the Consecration Liturgy on Sunday, and looking at their schedule they have blocked out 2 1/2 hours for the program starting at 1:00 pm Saturday. That tells me they will use all of the 2:20 video that I gave them, cutting nothing.

Spread the word to watch and then write to them asking for more Eastern programs.

Jack

J
JLF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have posted both hours, as part I (Liturgy of the Word) and part II (Liturgy of the Eucharist) of the Consecration of Bishop Kurt Burnette and Hierarchical Liturgy on our OLTV YouTube channel. This is the same as the DVD version, with more commentary that is more audible than what was broadcast by EWTN (due to a technical glitch on my part). View the whole thing here:

Jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2024). All rights reserved.