The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Saint_Thérèse_of_Lisieux_the_iconostatis_in_Russicum_seminarian's_chapel..jpg
L
St Therese Holy Icon in Russicum seminarian's chapel

The iconostasis at Our Lady of Fatima Byzantine Church in SF was fashioned, I've been told by a number of people, after the iconostasis in Russicum seminarian's chapel [carmelitereview.org]. It has a western saint on it, Saint Thérèse of Lisieux for this reason. Recent posts about the Russicum prompted one of our parishioners to share a photo of the Saint Thérèse icon on the Russicum iconostatis.
24 Comments
E
E
Awesome! Thank you so very much griego catolico!! You just made my evening! This is by far the most beautiful icon of St. Therese that I have ever seen.

G
G
Originally Posted by emily13
Awesome! Thank you so very much griego catolico!! You just made my evening! This is by far the most beautiful icon of St. Therese that I have ever seen.

You're welcome, emily13!

Unfortunately, the link that led to purchasing the icon of Saint Thérèse is no longer working and it appears the online store [asonimage.fr] no longer has it for sale. Were you able to purchase it before it was removed?

The links for the other online store which offers the triptych icon are still active and the icon is for sale.

E
E
That's strange....it worked for me with no problem...except bumbling through using Google translate! :-) I was able to order the icon...placed the order on 6/26 and amazingly, the icon arrived this past Monday. I am absolutely delighted to have located such a beautiful icon!

L
OP Offline
L
That's strange....it worked for me with no problem...except bumbling through using Google translate! :-) I was able to order the icon...placed the order on 6/26 and amazingly, the icon arrived this past Monday. I am absolutely delighted to have located such a beautiful icon!

Did you order it here [traditions-monastiques.com]? Is it a Triptych? I thought when I was on the site before they also had Diptychs and single icons of her, which I don't find now.

E
E
No, I ordered from the link above, hyperlinked "French online store" which is now throwing some sort of server error. I guess I got there just in time. I believe they also included a catalog with my order.

G
G
Blessed feast day of Saint Thèrése!

I am absolutely delighted to have located such a beautiful icon!
You located? With a little help from me, right? wink smile

No, I ordered from the link above, hyperlinked "French online store" which is now throwing some sort of server error. I guess I got there just in time. I believe they also included a catalog with my order.

It would appear that you bought the last available icon of Saint Thèrése from that store, which would explain why just a couple of days after I posted the link it now says "server error". The icon is no longer listed on the store website either. Does the catalog list the icon?

I am curious as to the dimensions of the icon you received and if there are any markings on the back.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my friend went to France and brought back for me two copies of the Russicum icon of Saint Thèrése.

The first one is 2.25 X 7 inches and has the following on the back:

Les Clémences
Paray le Monial

Cette icône de Ste Thèrése de l’Enfant Jésus est due à l’iconographe russe G. Maltzef, qui a voulu la représenter trés jeune pour mieux exprimer l’espirit d’enfance el de confiance propre à Ste Thèrése

The second is 2 X 6 inches and has the following on the back:

Icône de Sainte Thèrése de l’Enfant Jésus écrite par l’iconographe russe G. Maltzeff
<<Malgré ma petitesse extreme, j’ose fixer le Soleil Divin.>>

Carmel De Lisieux, France

God bless,

GC

E
E
Only with help from you! smile

I purchased two icons from that store and am grateful, but certainly wish they had not been the last two.

The icons I received are about 2" by 6.75" and have this on the back:

Les Clémences
Paray le Monial

Cette icône de Ste Thèrése de l’Enfant Jésus est due à l’iconographe russe G. Maltzef, qui a voulu la représenter trés jeune pour mieux exprimer l’espirit d’enfance el de confiance propre à Ste Thèrése

Thanks again for your help!
emily

G
G
Thank you, emily13, for your reply!

The icons are produced by Les Clémences [lesclemences.com] icon workshop. Here is a short article [lejsl.com] about the business and I even found a catalog [beraudy.com] (the icon of St. Thèrése can be found on page 47).

God bless,

GC

G
G
I purchased two icons from that store and am grateful, but certainly wish they had not been the last two.
emily13,

I just found this other French online store that has the icon for sale: Link [athenia.eu].

Thought I'd let you know.

GC

E
E
I have not been on this forum in quite some time and did not see this. Thanks for the link!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.