The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266663 12/06/07 12:09 AM
OP Offline
It's been a loooooong day, and I'm too tired to post much, but I do want to thank you all for your support and your prayers. I have no alternative other to believe that your prayers were answered.

The surgeons were able to remove almost all of the cancer; my mom will have another round of chemo treatments and more surgery. Her prognosis is better than any of us could have hoped for. Originally, the doctors gave her 12-18 months to live; now, they say she has a 50-50 chance of recovery.

It's all a mystery.

Thank you again for your compassionate prayers.

-- Alicia, with gratitude in her heart

Catholic Gyoza
Catholic Gyoza
I continue my prayers...

Yes, prayers continuing...

james

Lord Jesus Christ, Who through your mercy, resurrected the only son of the widow in Nain; Alicia prays to You in need and all alone, putting her hope in You alone God and asking for help. O You who fulfill our every need and complete everything we lack, grant Alicia increareased faith, courage, love and understanding of Your Will. Heal her mother of this cancer, and all the problems her family has been facing the last few years Jesus, give them your peace. Remember Your Handmaiden Alicia in Your kingdom, always now and forever. Amen

Psalms
Chapter 23

1 A psalm of David. 2 The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me;
3 you restore my strength. You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name.
4 Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.
5 You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Only goodness and love will pursue me all the days of my life; I will dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.

Prayers ...

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.