The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Despite receiving more than $18.8 million in contributions this quarter (over $7 million more than Giuliani, the top fund raiser in the last quarter) and according to the most recent Rasmussen poll of likely Republican voters in New Hampshire, placing ahead of Thompson and in a statistical tie with Huckabee and Giuliani, Ron Paul has been excluded by Fox News from their next debate in New Hampshire.

"They are scared of me and don't want my message to get out, but it will, they are propagandists for this war and I challenge them on the notion that they are conservative." Ron Paul

Press Release:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/94/has-fox-news-excluded-ron-paul

Rasmussen Poll:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...blican_primary_toplines_december_18_2007

It is very sad that Ron Paul will be excluded, but not surprising from the government propoganda station. I probably wouldnt see that debate anyway, I get sick to my stomach listening to the filth spewed by Faux News.

Ron Paul and every candidate have the right to be heard and we have the right to equal public time from every candidate, particularly when so many are undecided and feel their choices so limited.

J
J
Ron Paul is against the republican establishment so of course Faux News is going to exclude him. I have decided that I will either vote for the democratic nominee or Mayor Bloomberg (if he runs), because the republican party literally makes me sick.

Joe

because the republican party literally makes me sick.

I've heard that many folks feel exactly the same way about the Democratic party! LOL!

I think, therefore, that alot of people may need to get themselves to a doctor to get better to get a prescription for a 'chill pill', because one way or another alot of people are going to be sick! sick

As far as I am concerned, life is much too short to feel sick over anything or anyone... wink

Blessings for the new year,
Alice smile

J
J
I certainly have no illusions about the democrats. If I were close enough to all of the real going's-on in the political world, I probably would never vote again. Happy New Year! smile See, I'm not a complete grouch! wink

Joe

Originally Posted by JSMelkiteOrthodoxy
I certainly have no illusions about the democrats. If I were close enough to all of the real going's-on in the political world, I probably would never vote again. Happy New Year! smile See, I'm not a complete grouch! wink

Joe

I am glad that you are not a grouch! smile

Alice

J
J
Originally Posted by Alice
Originally Posted by JSMelkiteOrthodoxy

Joe

I am glad that you are not a grouch! smile

Alice

Alice,

I didn't say that I wasn't a grouch. I'm just not a complete grouch! wink

Joe

smile smile smile Paul laugh laugh laugh Nader laugh laugh laugh Kucinick sick sick sick Edwards crazy crazy crazy Clinton sick sick sick CNN crazy crazy crazy Obama smile smile smile Biden crazy crazy crazy Richardson sick sick sick

Happy New Year (and God Bless all the comedians listed above biggrin )

Grateful
Grateful
Originally Posted by Alice
because the republican party literally makes me sick.

I've heard that many folks feel exactly the same way about the Democratic party! LOL!

I think, therefore, that alot of people may need to get themselves to a doctor to get better to get a prescription for a 'chill pill', because one way or another alot of people are going to be sick! sick

As far as I am concerned, life is much too short to feel sick over anything or anyone... wink

Blessings for the new year,
Alice smile

That is so well said. I can easily get furious with politics (and other things as well); but what does my fury change, and what good does my displeasure do -- except to make myself sick and poison my mindset and my dealings with others?

I'm certainly not good at it, but I can begin to see the wisdom of the Fathers who advocated dispassion.

Lord have mercy !

Again: well said, Alice.

-- John

I heard that Fox received so many emails complaining of their exceedingly evil action in excluding Ron Paul that their computer system was shut down. If only enough emails could be sent to shut them down forever.

I could understand the claim that Ron Paul is not a conservative, but I would like to know on what grounds they excluded him. They must not suspect that he has or will gain much support in the caucus.

Terry

Z
Z
AS a devout Monarchist, I find the whole system appauling. Wer select out leaders based on nothing more than popularity, and let them run in a ridiculous system in which they rely on parties, wich in turn support agendas, which themselves divide the nation.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Give me a good old fashioned constitutional Monarchy any day.

N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Terry Bohannon
I could understand the claim that Ron Paul is not a conservative, but I would like to know on what grounds they excluded him. They must not suspect that he has or will gain much support in the caucus.

Terry

We will see what happens tonight in Iowa. If Ron Paul can place third, it will be big. My prediction for Iowa are:

1.) Romney
2.) Huckabee
3.) Ron Paul
4.) John McCain
5.) Fred Thompson
6.) Rudy Gulianni

1.) Obama
2.) Clinton
3.) Edwards

Anyone else want to play the prediction game for Iowa?

D
Jessup B.C. Deacon
Jessup B.C. Deacon
D
Originally Posted by ZAROVE
AS a devout Monarchist, I find the whole system appauling. Wer select out leaders based on nothing more than popularity, and let them run in a ridiculous system in which they rely on parties, wich in turn support agendas, which themselves divide the nation.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Give me a good old fashioned constitutional Monarchy any day.

I'm with you. God save the Tsar! biggrin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.