The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe before offering your comments, you should look into the life of what monasticism is. I stand by my comments concerning you and the posts in this thread, that they have been nothing but offered in the spirit of being flippant and disrespectful.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
D
BANNED
BANNED
D
I have, and I'll stick to my thoughts,

call me what you will

God Bless & Love you too! smile

Deanna

John
John
Originally Posted by Dandelion
that is your opinion,
I do have a respect for the monastic,

what I am trying to understand is why do you
think, or by the religious that it is sinful between a man and a woman?

I am not buying your opinion either

Love You,

Deanna
Deanna,

You need to understand the basics of Christian morality here.

A particular space has been set aside as a place where men can gather for lives of prayer, away from the things of the world that tempt them to sin. Women who purposely attempt to enter the land where the monastery is located would be an occasion of temptation to those attempting to life a Christian life. So a woman who would knowingly enter such a land would be an occasion of sin. [The reverse is also true. A man entering the land where a woman's monastery is located would also be a possible occasion of sin.]

I agree with the others that your earlier attempt at sexual humor was offensive.

John

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
Qoute;
(I agree with the others that your earlier attempt at sexual humor was offensive).

Please tell me what & where the sexual humor did I intend or imply?

Deanna

John
John
Qoute;
(I agree with the others that your earlier attempt at sexual humor was offensive).

Please tell me what & where the sexual humor did I intend or imply?

Deanna
Here is the offensive post:
Can anyone be sure that the monks didn't pray for the women to jump the fence, and to come up there for a visit? smile

maybe the women were answering someone's prayer up there on the mt.
Deanna
You suggested that the monks were praying to enter sin, and that God would grant their prayers and encourage their sin. Such a comment is offensive.

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
How do you figure that one?

so a visit constitutes a sin?

Sometimes I wonder if what is in your " mind" racing ahead of what it is at the moment you are making it out to be a sin.

God Bless to all

Deanna

Last edited by Dandelion; 02/09/08 03:06 PM.
M
M

Love You,

Deanna

God Bless & Love you too! \:\)

Fine words, Dandelion, you truly understand them?

Can anyone be sure that the monks didn't pray for the women to jump the fence, and to come up there for a visit? \:\)

Your words are rude.

You show no respect to Father Anthony, who is priest monk of Christ.

Even from the first centuries, the Christianity knows different forms of monasticism, different types. For instance, in the 4th century, in the desert of Egypt, there were monasteries which the women could not visit, but others yes. The Fathers, the monks were respected for their choice. THere were women coming from far away, Rome, etc. And some never succeded to see a certain Father. Others yes.

The sin has 12 steps. All is more complex.

A.............

And there is, of course, the Most Blessed and Holy Mother of God - Theotokos.

It is indeed about lack of respect, opportunities, trespass and disobedience.

God have mercy.

m+

John
John
Deanna,

Are you suggesting the monks were praying that the women would climb the fence to join them in the church for Vespers?

I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

I must ask you to be Christian in your posts, and not to purposely bait others. When you registered to be a participant here you agreed to certain rules. Please keep your word.

John

E
E
How do you figure that one?

so a visit constitutes a sin?

Ms. Danelion,

What the women did at the protest was not only disrepectful towards the monks, but illegal.

Typical of feminists, you continue to use your sex as the argument. I once visited an all-woman monastery and it too had a wall around its compounds. That wall was there to keep all people, including other women, out. The property behind that wall was reserved for the women who took vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience. ANYONE who breaches that reserved area is being offensive as well as a tresspasser. In my neck of the woods, tresspassers stand a good chance of being met with a gunshot.

Your profile states that you are a learner. Really? But you are a college student, and I don't expect you to understand or learn anything.

Ed

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
again, I repeat I have respect for the monastic orders,
however you have in your mind already judge me according to
what you think by your "standards" that I said or meant by.

I do not think I was rude,
nor disrespectful to Fr. Anthony ( he labeled my intellegence to be lower than his in which it is, but still didn't help me find an answer to the question)

I do understand and do back my words

Deanna

E
E
again, I repeat I have respect for the monastic orders,
however you have in your mind already judge me according to
what you think by your "standards" that I said or meant by.

Ms. Dandelion,

Obviously, you do NOT have any standards. I am beginning to believe that this is not about the issue of property disputes or women climbing fences. This is all about you, isn't it?

Ed

Administrator
Administrator
Deanna,

Would you care to the exact quote to were I labeled your intelligence less than mine. If you can not give such a quote I am going to demand a retraction publicly.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
O
OP Offline
O
Dandelion,

So far I have made but one comment on this thread - I have been rather preoccupied since this thread began.

Frankly for someone who proclaims on her Profile to be of Byzantine and Roman religious affiliation I'm appalled at your attitude to the monks.

You may find this inflammatory - if so - too bad.

Your language on this thread has been disgraceful - you have shown absoloutely no understanding of what is involved in monastic life, you have continuously pushed the equality of women [ and that has no place in this thread ] .

I strongly suspect that you are someone who wishes the Ordination of women , and frankly this is abhorrent as well as impossible.

May I suggest you now - since for you it is Lent , spend some time in reflection on the meaning of religious life and then practice a little charity.

Myself - I can ,and do, post this as it is not yet the time of the Great Fast [ the Julian Calendar has it's uses at a time like this ]

Enjoy your Lent

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
Please then would someone, anyone explain to me
why relations between any man and any woman are considered sinful?

E
E
It makes sense now. It's all about Deanna the College Student.

Ed

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.