The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 246 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
E
Originally Posted by Dandelion
Please then would someone, anyone explain to me
why relations between any man and any woman are considered sinful?
I can give you a very long list, but I would have my posting priveleges taken away permanently.

Deanna, you are supposedly a college student with a lot of learning to do. I don't know what your social group or college is teaching you, but I would like to begin with a word that feminists have used for ages: RESPECT.

The womens monastery I mentioned earlier also had broken glass cemented on the top of their walls to make sure others RESPECTED them.

Ed

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
Dear Fr. Anthony

You are right and I do retract publicly.
I am sorry that I do not have the eloquent words, but somehow your labeling words did make me feel less intelligent, and you are right I agree.
I am not that intelligent.
Deanna

O
OP Offline
O
Please then would someone, anyone explain to me
why relations between any man and any woman are considered sinful?
Easy -

Sexual relations between unmarried people of either or both sexes are sinful.

Sexual relations between a man and a woman who have been married/ joined together , in the Church are not sinful.

Have you read anything about this in the past ? Did you receive any religious education during your school life ?

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
Some Christians here,

if anyone who has a different view and is inquiring about it,
you start slamming my profile.

See Ya!

Deanna

D
BANNED
BANNED
D
slammed again by fellow Christian

Christianity at is finest!

Maybe this should be on the other post
how Latins/Orthodox aka Catholica slam each other.

O
OP Offline
O
Wrong !!

Here we do respect each other - we do NOT slam each other without due cause.

You have constantly , on this thread , shown lack of respect , lack of understanding of Monastic life, also a lack of understanding re the married state and the sinfulness of sexual relationships outside the married state.

You have riled up two Administrators - and frankly that takes some doing here - remember that one is Orthodox and the other is Catholic .

Congratulations Dandelion

Deanna,

You have been rude, sarcastic (as I took the last post to me), and twisting in this thread. I know that morality has become very relative in your generation, and I am sorry about it, but if you are really seeking answers, you are not going about it in the correct way...

The media and society have fed you their own morality--however, in that 'feel good' morality there are many ramifications which they don't mention: STD, future infertility, abortions, unwanted pregnancies, emotional issues, and big time STRESS about all these issues, etc.....In marriage between two virgins, as God intended it, none of these issues arise. Why is that? Because God is a loving God who intended the gift of sexuality to be within marital bounds. When we go outside His boundaries, we experience all the devastation which promiscuous sexuality offers.

I also understand that marriage was intended to be at a young age, but that, most unfortunately, our industrialized societies do not make this easy anymore for a myriad of reasons...

Never forget that our bodies are holy and are temples of the Holy Spirit...I know that is hard to comprehend at your age. I know that the 'hook up' scene, aka: relations without commitment by both males, and now females, is rampant--especially on college campuses. I know that there aren't many young college aged men who want serious relationships with commitment to possible marriage. I know that the future sometimes looks bleak...I know that when one is young they want to have 'fun'and that fun has been taken to pre-Christian era/ pagan limits...

I also know it is hard to accept that practicing Christianity is exceptionally 'counter' social these days. I know alot of things, and I understand...but don't give up hope, and don't give up seeking the answers--but please, do them in a more respectful manner from now on if you truly seek honest answers. Talk to a good pastor or someone else in a spiritual position of moral authority, don't bait on forums and expect as respectful a response in return, as I believe that I am giving you here!

I also think that you owe alot of people an apology for your attitude and the way you like to twist posts and intentions of posts.

As for your confusion about premarital sexuality, pray about it and bring it to God, but also remember that women deserve something better than 'hooking up'. They deserve to be loved and cherished for WHO they are--their emotions, their feelings, their hopes, their dreams, their challenges, etc.

I pray for you and for all beautiful young people today. These are not easy times to be a Christian or to walk the Christian walk.

Please remember that respect, in all things, is a two way street. I hope that you will be more respectful from now on to everyone on this forum.

In Christ,
Alice

John
John
Some Christians here,

if anyone who has a different view and is inquiring about it, you start slamming my profile.

See Ya!

Deanna
Deanna,

Why was it OK when you were slamming monasticism and trying to bait people, and twisting their words but it is not OK when others call you to account? It does not seem to me that you were �inquiring� about anything.

It is not OK to have a different view about Christian morality. You have the freedom to accept or reject it. You do not have the freedom to change it, to say it is something other then what it is. Spend some time with your Bible (especially the Gospels). Spend some time in prayer and in contemplating the Church�s teaching on these issues. It is all there waiting for you.

John

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.