The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nice to know all that...

Mine is sad... i wanted to put Lathe that means live because without Christ we have to life and with Him we live but an r came to that Lathe and now i am jus foam :P

Λάθε

E
Za myr z'wysot ...
Za myr z'wysot ...
E
Epiphanius, a disciple of St. Andrew, the Fool for Christ, was with him during the vigil at the Blachernae basilica in Constantinople during which Our Lady appeared to all present, holding her protective mantle in her outstretched hands.

St. Andrew asked him if he saw the vision of the Most Holy Virgin; he answered, "yes, Father, I see it and tremble."

Since I serve at a parish dedicated to St. Mary, Protectress, I thought this name was appropriate. "Epiphany," or manifestation, is also a very important concept in Eastern theology.

Peace,
Deacon Richard

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Lather
Nice to know all that...

Mine is sad... i wanted to put Lathe that means live because without Christ we have to life and with Him we live but an r came to that Lathe and now i am jus foam :P

Dear Lathe,

Why don't you send a message to the ADMINISTRATOR to change it for you?

In Christ,
Alice

L
L
"Latin Catholic":

I studied Arabic for a couple of years in university, and I realized that in Arabic I was a "Latin Catholic," while the Melkites were called "Roman Catholics" smile

So I guess my screen name represents that I am a Catholic and a member of the Latin Church, that I love languages and the Eastern Churches, and that I try to see things from more than just one point of view.

A bit pretentious, perhaps, but there it is... wink

Mine is reflective of my location and a shameless plug for my blog
http://byztex.blogspot.com/ smile

R
Bill from Pgh
Bill from Pgh
R
I am Roman Catholic, so not being an eastern Christian I consider myself a guest on this forum and I thank you all for allowing me to post here.

O
O
Originally Posted by rcguest
I am Roman Catholic, so not being an eastern Christian I consider myself a guest on this forum and I thank you all for allowing me to post here.

Bill - if I may I'll remind you of something that was said to me many years ago , when I said the same sort of thing .

' You have been here for so long that you are part of the Byzcath family - not a guest '

G
G
Mine is "Greek Catholic" in Spanish.

D
D
I'm another of the boring ones.

With a name of Hawkins, getting called hawk was inevitable. It was my login name, and therefore used, when I first posted on a predecessor of the internet (usenet & arpanet) a bit over 25 years ago.

As the internet grew, eventually I'd find places where hawk was already in use. At Penn State, it wasn't possible to create the alias hawk, as it was a substring of a couple of other names--so I went to dochawk for many things.

I do miss students catching my attention with the yells of, "Hey, dochawk!" across the campus.

So today I'm hawk some places, and dochawk others, particularly where four letter names aren't allowed. I really don't remember why it's dochawk here . . .

hawk [see, I still usually sign things that way]

I'm Byzantine, Italian, and in Colorado.

Bizantino di CO.

Trying to represent us Byzantines with pride out here in the Rockies.

smile

Is it possible to have one's screen name changed? When I first joined the forum, I was a Chaplain's assistant in the US Naval Reserve - hence, "Sea Knight." I'm no longer in the service and would like to change my screen name if that were possible.

My screen name is the Ukrainian title for combined job of cantor, catechist, etc. in the village parishes. Before I discerned a diaconal vocation I was the diak in my parish for a number of years. I also thought about changing my screen name but never got around to it.

Alice Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sea Knight
Is it possible to have one's screen name changed? When I first joined the forum, I was a Chaplain's assistant in the US Naval Reserve - hence, "Sea Knight." I'm no longer in the service and would like to change my screen name if that were possible.

Yes it is possible. As I advised 'Lather', please contact one of the board administrators to do this: either Father Anthony or ADMINISTRATOR.

--Alice

A
A
Basically, my screen name "amberpep" is a combination of my 2 Abyssinian cats' names .... Amber and Pepper.
abby
<*)))><

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.