The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I tend to ignore those who envy the ways of Eastern Church...

A
A
The return of married clerics in the ECC's in the US is a matter of logistics more than anything else.

Training them. Housing them. Raising their families.

T
T
I love that line--"latinization is not synonymous with catholocism." I couldn't agree more. And I did find it interesting that the one priest considered all of the United States, and perhaps all of North America, "latin turf." Very telling.

Tim

T
T
I have to tell you, Erie Byz, go ahead and make the switch. I worked with PCs for seven years before starting my last job. They had macs, so I had to learn. I would never go back. I have a laptop with mac on one partition and Vista on the other partition. Nothing but problems with Vista. I'm going to erase that and have the last Window's OS installed. But the mac side doesn't give me any problems at all. I have three of them and they all work perfectly. Apple makes it very easy to switch files as well. The only thing you won't find is alot of games for the mac, if you are into that sort of thing. I know off-topic, but do yourself a favor and switch.

Tim

S
S
"They had macs, so I had to learn."

What's to learn? You can do anything on a Mac that you can do on a PC, without even cracking the instruction manual. Just remember to dismount USB and Firewire drives before unplugging them. Everything else is just intuitive, and works just as you imagine it might. It's kind of like getting into a Honda after a lifetime of Chryslers: you find yourself wondering how you could ever have driven such clunkers.

And, if you must use Windows-based programs, an Intel Mac is still the best, most stable platform on which to run Windows, hands down. But listen to tjm, and skip Vista.

Administrator
Administrator
OK, can we keep this thread on-topic? If you want to discuss switching to another type of computer, please take the discussion to the Technical Talk sub-forum in Town Hall.

In IC XC,
Father Anthony+
Administrator

Everyone baptized into Christ should pass progressively through all the stages of Christ's own life, for in baptism he receives the power so to progress, and through the commandments he can discover and learn how to accomplish such progression. - Saint Gregory of Sinai
S
S
It's all right. Father Peter and I have crossed swords many times, and I visited the site to put him in his place, yet again.

Last edited by StuartK; 06/15/09 04:07 PM.
D
D
At least some photos might be seen here:

http://jezuiti.sk/index.php?stranka=foto_podujatia&id_galerie=135

Enjoy!

C
C
Nice photos! I was unaware that the "Dance of Isaiah" was part of the Ruthenian Recension for episcopal consecrations.

Dave

I think it's interesting to note that in the photos, the deacons are vested in a Single Orarion, not the Double Orarion that we are used to seeing in the Ruthenian Church in the USA. From my understanding they are following the Slavic (or more correctly Russian ?) practice of the Single; with the double being awarded for service or some other worthy reason.

L
L
Originally Posted by Danielik
At least some photos might be seen here:

http://jezuiti.sk/index.php?stranka=foto_podujatia&id_galerie=135

Enjoy!
Thank you!!!

A
A
Originally Posted by Erie Byz
I think it's interesting to note that in the photos, the deacons are vested in a Single Orarion, not the Double Orarion that we are used to seeing in the Ruthenian Church in the USA. From my understanding they are following the Slavic (or more correctly Russian ?) practice of the Single; with the double being awarded for service or some other worthy reason.

Orthodox Wiki notes the double as being the norm for greek use; it is in the Russian use that it is a reward, and the single is normative.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Orarion

The Pittsburgh Metropolia is in a Graecophilia phase...

ajk Offline
Originally Posted by Chtec
I was unaware that the "Dance of Isaiah" was part of the Ruthenian Recension for episcopal consecrations.
The singing of "Rejoice Isaiah" is specified after the tropars "O Holy Martyrs" and "Glory to You" upon entering the altar and the kissing of the holy table: Ruthenian Archieratikon, p 263, link [patronagechurch.com].

L
OP Offline
L
Wonderful pictures. Thank you!

D
D
Other photos from Sunday: http://www.collactio.com/appuntamen...one-episcopale-di-padre-cyril-vasil.html

And even a short video from the first hierarchical liturgy celebrated by Kyr Kyril next day in the church of St. Anthony the Great, at the college Russicum:

This was indeed the day, the Lord had made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it... smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.