The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
P
P
Originally Posted by rwprof
I was recently reading a blog by someone from the Prescott church. They are waiting for a blessing by the bishop before they use their patronal name.

We just (Friday) received notice that we are blessed to be under the patronage of St. George the Great Martyr.

Now I have to recreate the header - give me some time and I'll have the new one up. Prescott Orthodox/St. George Church [prescottorthodox.org]

I love the website! Speaks the Orthodox faith in modern lingo! Nice work!

P
P
Thanks very much. Alot of time and labor went into it.

P
P
Well, I finally got the new header up on the site, after we finally received notice of our heavenly patron, St. George.

See it here: http://prescottorthodox.org

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
Great site Fr.!!!!

I
I
This thread is wonderful. So many sites present so many pictures of exquisite Churches and Spirit filled people. The information about the Liturgies and sacraments and their celebration can only be the seed of believers. Thank you all for that!

If I may, I'd like to share a site from the Latin Church. Our parish, St. Maurice in Dania Beach, Florida has a new web site, stmaurice.org. We are in the Roman Archdiocese of Miami.

I am excited to share the site with you.

It is multimedia. There are videos about some of our ministries such as our hunger program and Pax Christi and our pastor has taped messages. There are albums and we tried to convey who we are and what we are about!

The loss highlighted on the home page of the site is the closing of Resurrection Church as part of some church closings and consolidations in our Archdiocese. The caring is shared sorrow and anguish felt by both congregations involved. St. Maurice's boundaries will include the area making up Resurrection until this coming Thursday, October 1.

Please pray for the spiritual well being and growth of us all!

Back to the web site. I hope that you find it interesting.

I've been a member of the forum for a number of years and wanted to share this with all of my friends here.

I hope that I'm not acting in appropriately in posting this information. If it is not appropriate, I ask that the moderator remove it!

If you have insights which would help us as we develop the site, let me know, Please.

Thank you!

Steve

I
I
Sorry about the web site link. It should read http://www.stmaurice.org

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Steve,

Not at all inappropriate - and nice to see a post from you, it's been a long time.

I'm having no luck getting the site to load, although the url is correct. I've been having server issues for a week now though and it may just be me - I'd like to know if anyone else was successful in opening the link.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
C
C
Originally Posted by Irish Melkite
Steve,

I'm having no luck getting the site to load, although the url is correct. I've been having server issues for a week now though and it may just be me - I'd like to know if anyone else was successful in opening the link.

Many years,

Neil

Works for me.

Viking

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Tonight, no problem accessing it - so, we can write my experience of last night off to the combo of server issues and the fact that IE has decided that it no longer intends to function on my PC.

Steve,

A very easy site to navigate and both the quantity and quality of information offered was impressive. Not much question either as to why the parish survived closures in the archdiocese - its vibrancy and commitment is evident throughout the site.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
P
P
And that is the purpose of the website, I believe.

To reveal your community to your visitors. That is, after all, what they are looking for.

Who are you, what do you do, is it safe to be myself there?

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Bless, Father John,

Well said!

And wonderful to see that your temple and its faithful have been blessed with the patronage of Saint George.

Many years,

Neil

P
P
Thank you, Neil.

May God grant you your heart's desire, and mercy to us sinners.

I
I
Dear Neil,

I am glad to read that you found the site and I really appreciate your comments about it! Lots of work went into the material on the site.

Thanks!

Steve

I
I
Dear Father John,

Thank you for your remarks about our site. Like your own it is new and it's good to see that others appreciate what it does.

I join the others in this tread who congratulate you and your parish on being put under the protection of St. George. May your community share in the strength of his defense of the Faith.
Pray for our community as we do for you and yours.

Steve

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.