The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#357855 01/11/11 06:19 PM
Jakub. Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been very silent of late regarding my wife's medical condition and after much prayer have decided to post a request at the beginning of the new year.

She has aquired a few more afflictions to go with her neurological condition, a large nodule next to her thyroid and a ulcer within her esophagus.

We had to change medical plans due to cost and the lack of needed attention and treatment from the previous medical group.

I ask nothing for myself, but in your kindness please keep Debbie in your players.

May you be blessed for your kindness,

James

Dear James,

Never feel hesitant about posting the need for continued prayer for your wife, Debbie.

Please keep reminding us to pray, and updating us...We are a family, and sadly not every prayer request in life has a definite or definitive outcome, but it is in those types of instances where prayers of others and the goodness of our Lord keep us going, day by day..It is prayers and the goodness of our Lord which keep us Christians from cracking up in difficult situations, whereas the Godless often do.

Through the intercessions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Joseph (the betrothed and caretaker of Our Lady), St. Nektarios and St. John Maximovitch the wonderworkers, I pray that Debbie's health will improve, that she will feel no pain or fear, that all your medical needs will be provided for, and that you will continue to have the courage and physical and emotional strength to care for her and to love her throughout these difficulties.

Kyrie Eleison!

With great respect for you,
Alice

AMEN to what Alice said.

O Lord Almighty and Master of all, the Healer of souls and bodies; You who put down, and raise up, chastise and then heal: visit now in you mercy our brother Jackub, and sister Debbie who is ill. Stretch forth your unseen arm which is full of healing and health. Raise her from her bed and cure her of her illness. Cast away from her the spirit of disease and of every sickness, the spirit of pain and fever; and if she has sinned or transgressed, grant her forgiveness and remission in your
love for mankind. Yes, Lord, have pity on your creation, through Jesus Christ our Lord, with whom You are blessed, together with your all-holy, good and life giving Spirit, now and always and for ever and ever. Amen.

James, we will be praying for Debbie.

And for you too, James, even though you don't ask for it.

It is so hard to see our loved ones go through pain and suffering.

peace in Christ,

Mary Jo and Ron

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for the restoration to health of Debbie, that she be provided with all needed care and treatment, that the illnesses afflicting her be abated, and that God grant her many more years. Prayers also for the well-being of my beloved brother and friend, James.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Jakub. Offline OP
OP Offline
Dear friends,

Today Debbie is scheduled for a ultasound of her lymph glands & thyroid nodules, hopefully they will not be found to have anything life threating, in your kindness please remember her in your prayers.

james

Prayers for Debbie's health and for you.

Originally Posted by Jakub.
Dear friends,

Today Debbie is scheduled for a ultasound of her lymph glands & thyroid nodules, hopefully they will not be found to have anything life threating, in your kindness please remember her in your prayers.

james

Praying for Debbie, James!

O
O
Prayers for Debbie

[and you of course smile ]

Praying that all will be well with Debbie's tests..AMEN.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for Debbie's test results to be negative and that God grant her many years

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Jakub. Offline OP
OP Offline
Update...the tests went fine though I don't have any idea what I was seeing on the monitor, one view was like a colored weather map, yellow, red, green etc. The tech could not comment but she was nice and professional.

The results should be known in 5 days or so.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts they are appreciated...

C
C
James:

My prayers are with you and Debbie.

In Christ:
Einar

Jakub. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Einar, we are waiting on a older test report and will need to schedule another needle biopsy...

james

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
James, my brother,

Prayers continue for favorable reports from all of Debbie's tests.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.