The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
St John the Baptist Orthodox Church (OCA) in the Hanover Section of Nanticoke PA has an excellent website [stjohnsnanticoke.org]. It's attractive, informative, and offers a variety of resources.

The webdesign - by Orthodox Web Solutions - is impressive.

Many years,

Neil

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 08/07/11 04:29 AM. Reason: delete comment entered in error

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
I was looking at the website of St John the Baptist Byzantine Cathedral [stjohnsbyzantinecathedral.com] in Munhall. It's been revamped and it's quite nicely done.

I just read the Cathedral History [stjohnsbyzantinecathedral.com] in its entirety - it's long, detailed, and well-written.

It sorts of comes to a halt in the time of Bishop Judson, with narrative being replaced by a chronology - that appears to still in process, as much is in one-line note form and there are even still some obvious 'notes to self' ('check date, same as day of Steelers-Chargers game' biggrin )

There is also a History of the Metropolitan Church [stjohnsbyzantinecathedral.com], which I haven't read as yet.

Many years,

Neil

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 08/14/11 08:46 AM.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
I don't know if this one's been mentioned here yet or not:

Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in State College, PA:

http://holytrinity-oca.org/

It's an informative website of a very active and alive parish. We visited for Liturgy today and were greatly impressed with all the ministries the parish is involved in with the local community.

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by DTBrown
I don't know if this one's been mentioned here yet or not:

Dave,

Thanks for adding that - and for the qualifying observation up front. You voice a problem with which I've been wrestling for a couple weeks now - i.e., "I don't know if this one's been mentioned here yet or not".

Since I look at several dozen sites a week, both Catholic and Orthodox (and, occasionally others) in the course of working on the directory, every time I go to post a link here, I wonder that same thing. And, the thread has now grown long enough that it isn't practical to scan it and check.

I'm working on an idea that I hope will solve that. We'll see.

Many years,

Neil

The website for St Mary (Herminie) & St. Stephen's (North Huntingdon) has been updated and given a new look. All comments are appreciated to improve the website.

Thanks,

www.bcchnh.org [bcchnh.org]

S
S
Although the site is in Italian, it enables contact with the very ancient Italo-Albanian Byzantine Catholic Church.

It's the site of the parish of the Most Holy Saviour in Cosenza, Eparchy of Lungro:

http://www.sotir.it/

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
I'm not certain, but I think that St Gregory Armenian Catholic Church [stgregoryarmenian.org] in Glendale may have been mentioned here previously. However, they have a new website that is well worth viewing. (Thanks to our brother, griego catolico, for bringing it to my attention!) There are definitely some Western aspects to it, not surprisingly, but it also has a lot of purely Armenian material.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by Fr. Jim
The website for St Mary (Herminie) & St. Stephen's (North Huntingdon) has been updated and given a new look. All comments are appreciated to improve the website.

Bless, Father Jim,

Thanks for posting the link. I was trying to remember the previous format, but can't (website overload has burned out the memory cells).

I really like the Events Calendar. One suggestion I'd offer on it is to differentiate as to which Divine Liturgy is being served at which Church. I realize that your parishioners know and that others can pick it up from the bulletins (as well as on the front page), but visitors skimming the site quickly may be stopped in their tracks and left wondering.

Overall, I like it, but any chance that the background of the link bars could be a tad less vivid shade of green biggrin ? I think it would make the titles on them a bit easier to read.

I've updated the parish entries on our directory to reflect changes in the website and e-mail addresses.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Originally Posted by sielos ilgesys
Although the site is in Italian, it enables contact with the very ancient Italo-Albanian Byzantine Catholic Church.

It's the site of the parish of the Most Holy Saviour in Cosenza, Eparchy of Lungro:

Sielos,

Nice - and it offers a photo of an Eastern hierarch not often seen, Kyr Dimitrios (Salachas) of the Apostolic Exarchate for Faithful of the Byzantine Greek Church. The language aside, it's nicely done and has some mp3s, among other resources on it. Thanks for the link.

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
To follow up on sielos' post ...

Please, if anyone comes across a foreign language parish website and can tell - despite the language differences - that it offers good resources and/or that it's nicely formatted, don't hesitate to post the link here and let us learn from it.

Many years,

Neil

S
S
has a new & improved website; still under construction:

http://www.stsophiaukrainian.cc/

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
Umm, sielos ...

St Sophia's webmaster is a new member here and has been posting about the site for a few days now - right in this very forum biggrin

Many years,

Neil

Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
In a thread on children in church, Betty posted a link to a piece on the site of St Andrew Antiochian Orthodox Church, Riverside, CA [saintandrew.net]. The article was all that Betty promised, but even more impressive was the absolutely beautiful parish website, replete with all the info and features one could hope to find. It's well worth looking at for ideas and inspiration (as well as to enjoy the beauty of the temple).

Many years,

Neil

S
S
Esu kaltas.
My bad.

This is not a Parish website, but the Eparchy of Newton [melkite.org] has a new format.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Fr. Deacon Lance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.