The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dear Brad,

I will add you to my unworthy prayer (list) each and every day--and especially remembering you at Compline service this coming Tuesday...

I will ask St. Nektarios and the Panaghia to help you and for your health to be restored.

May God be with you--Kyrie Eleison! Kyrie Eleison! Kyrie Eleison!

In Christ,
Alice

J
JEK Offline
J
I offer my humble prayers Intrigued Latin for you and yours, and, by the way, this custom is also known to those who are Greek Catholic (Byzantine Catholic) one takes on the traits of their Godmother and Godfather and I can say in all truth there really is something to it as I do have traits of both of them (not both deceased however).

God bless you and keep you!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Prayers for the health of our dear friend and brother, Brad, that these mysterious health issues be resolved by his doctors through the intercession of the Holy Unmercenary Physicians, Cosmas and Damian, and that God grant him many years in health and happiness with his beloved and loving family.

I'm always glad to see a post by you, old friend. I just hate it that these annual missives always bring news of a health crisis. I am thankful though that the rest of the family is well.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Intrigued Latin #387979 11/09/12 04:26 AM
I
OP Offline
I

Dear friends,
I hope you and your families are well..

Please keepmy 9 year old daughter in your prayers. on Monday Ava was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. We rushed her to Sick Kids hospital and caught the signs and symptoms early enough that we were in and out within 24 hrs.
Ava'simmune system was attacking her pancreas by mistake. Which eventually stopped her pancreas from making Insulin.. which caused her blood sugar to increase.

Needless to say, Jackie and I were floored on Monday night when the doctors confirmed it.
Ava has been so so brave and so good with it all. She is so responsible and such an amazing little 9 year old girl.
We are managing her Insulin delivery with Injections in the morning and at night.. with a pen style needle...much smaller than a standard syringe.
She is okay.... and we will get through this. Jackie's sister was diagnosed at 12 with the same disease...

The good thing is that Ava has always eaten very healthy and has avoided high sugar foods so she will not have to change much of her diet.
She seems to have accepted this and understands that it was nothing that she did or didn’t do, nothing that she ate or did not eat…

I've never been so proud of Ava as I am now...

Love and prayers for all.

Brad

Intrigued Latin #387981 11/09/12 07:52 AM
O
O
Oh Brad - why does my stomach always drop when I see that name of 'Intrigued Latin' showing in the Prayer Forum.

So much seems to be asked of you and your family .

May Ava continue to cope well with her diabetes and learn how to live a 'normal ' life.

Prayers for you all .

Intrigued Latin #387983 11/09/12 12:26 PM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Brad, my brother and friend,

As the Dad of a 9 year old girl with her own health issue (asthma in her case), I can well appreciate the concern with which you heard this news from the doctors. And, like you, I've learned to be amazed at how feisty and resilient 9 year old girls can be.

My prayers that Ava continue to be able to manage her diabetes, that God grant her many years in health and happiness, and that, soon, a cure for juvenile diabetes be achieved. Prayers for you, Jackie, and the rest of your family as well.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Irish Melkite #388092 11/12/12 09:05 PM
I
OP Offline
I
My dear friends,
thank you for your prayers and best wishes... this weekend was a breakthrough... after only 4 days.. Ava has decided that she will start checking her blood glucose by herself.
She has accepted her “cross”. I explained to her that God would not have allowed her to have diabetes if He did not believe that she could handle it.
She just smiled , as an affirmation that she knows that God still loves her more than ever....

love and prayers to all.
Brad

Intrigued Latin #388167 11/15/12 07:26 AM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Brad,

Prayers continue for your brave little girl and for her Mom, Dad, and family as she deals with this. I admire her courage and acceptance and my 9 year old says to tell her that she'll pray especially that the finger pricks don't hurt too much.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.