The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I would just like to ask for prayers that I be delivered from any knock-on effects of messing around with the occult. I cast a spell once, got blessed by a Wiccan priestess, wore a highly questionable hand-me-down pentagram (which happened to glow in the dark even though it was made of silver!), and talked to demons/tried to let them speak through me. Before all this I used to have nightmares about the devil, I had knocks go through my walls once, I got paralyzed while laying in bed (but hadn't fallen asleep yet [I was actively trying to stay awake because it gripped me a few times in a row]), I got deterred from getting baptized once because when I walked into the church it took all of five seconds for my mood to go from normal to blubbering and scared for no freaking reason and I ran out of the church. So yeah, Houston we probably have a problem. Not to mention I seem to have an aversion to holy things right now. Blasphemies run through my head when I pray at home or the Liturgy, sacramentals make me uncomfortable, I tend to balk at some more traditional forms of moral behavior, and even have a hard time eating food after praying for it to be blessed. Heck, I got blessed by a priest once and felt sick.

Prayers, but you should talk to a priest. You might want additional prayers said over you by a priest. Of course going to confession and receiving communion frequently would really help you out.

Last edited by Ray S.; 12/02/12 01:28 PM.
G
G
I shall just pray for you. But take Ray's advice, please.

Kolya

Благословение Господне на вас, того благодатию и человеколюбием, всегда ныне и присно, и во веки веков.

Bless Your servant, HeavenlyBlack, and bless Your inheritance, O Lord.

Lord God,
our strength,
the battle of good and evil rages within and around us,
and our ancient foe tempts us with his deceits and empty promises.
Keep us steadfast in your word,
and, when we fall,
raise us again and restore us,
through your Son,
Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God,
now and forever.
AMEN.

Lutheran opening Prayer for the First Sunday in Lent

Almighty God,
give us grace that we may cast away the works of darkness,
and put upon us the armor of light,
now in the time of this mortal life in which thy Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility;
that in the last day,
when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge both the quick and the dead,
we may rise to the life immortal;
through him who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost,
one God,
now and forever,
Amen.

Traditional Collect for First Sunday of Advent, Book of Common Prayer

Last edited by Thomas the Seeker; 12/02/12 05:53 PM. Reason: Source information
Slava Isusu Khrystu!

Do Not Be Involved with the Occult!!!!! Pray to Saint Michael to assist you!!! Invoke the Cherubim and Seraphim!!!! The choirs of Angels are around to assist you. Get to a priest quickly!!!!!

St. Herman of Alaska pray for us!

Dear friend,

I will pray for you. Many Christians have participated in the occult and have successfully come back to the Church through confession and pastoral counseling. It often seems that diabolic power is more effective in dealing with and overcoming obstacles in life, but that is a mere farce. The power of the Holy Spirit is greater than anything the devil could effect and living a life of repentance and holiness is more valuable than material success and the promises of the evil one. All Christians including myself struggle each day to overcome diabolic influence, not to mention the passions, so please be assured of my prayers for you my friend.

In Christ,

Robertr

Yes, it's like they say, thumb rule, always go to confession once during the Great Fast, and once during the Nativity/Philip's Fast, and attend Vespers on Feast Day (assuming you work the next morning, in which you wouldn't be able to attend weekday feast day DLs, which can be the case, although Cathedrals hold Vespergies on Holy Day Vigils, as was the case last night at St. John the Baptist Cathedral, where His Grace Bishop John Kudrick concelebrated the Vespergy with Fr. Hayduk, and the two deacons) and Saturday Vigils, and attend Matins and the DL on Sundays, then you'll be just fine.

Last edited by 8IronBob; 12/08/12 11:32 PM.
Prayers!

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.