The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (NathanJA), 395 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Recluse Offline OP
OP Offline

Last edited by Recluse; 12/18/13 01:05 PM.
E
E
Washington (CNN) -- The United States' delegation to the upcoming Winter Olympics in Russia won't include a member of President Barack Obama's family or an active cabinet secretary, but it will include openly gay athletes - a clear jab at Russia's recent anti-gay laws.

You know, with all the constant whining of the homosexualists and their agenda about how "persecuted" they are, I think some good old fashioned REAL persecution might do these people a world of good.

Billie Jean King, the tennis legend, will join figure skater Brian Boitano at the games' opening ceremonies on February 7, the White House said Tuesday.

I would like to see King and Boitano met at the airport, turned around (with force if necessary) and put back on the plane and sent back home. Two can play at this game of trading insults.

Former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, White House aide Rob Nabors and the U.S. ambassador to Russia will round out the delegation to the Sochi games.

King was one of the first professional athletes to come out as gay in the 1980s.

That's fine. You're gay. That's your choice. Good for you. This is not what this is all about and you know it! It's about the militant homosexualists who insist that pro-homosexual literature be taught to children in school, that books promoting "two mommies" or "two daddies" as being just peachy keen and normal be given to kids, and all the other various ways that you are trying to make that which is against nature and nature's God to be proclaimed normal. Putin has had a belly full of this and so have many people in America!!!

Billie Jean King on "my calling" King still fights for tennis equality

What????? Show me where it says in any laws regarding any sport that homosexual athletes cannot compete? Again, be gay and keep it to yourself.

"In the selection of this delegation, we are sending the message that the United States is a diverse place," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday, pointing to Napolitano, a former cabinet secretary, as evidence of the delegation's distinction.

No, you are showing that America intends to continue bullying other countries to accept immorality as normal. You intend to keep threatening economic sanctions on African countries who do not promote Planned Parenthood and support contraception and abortion. This is degeneracy on steroids and at war with normalcy.

It's the first time in more than a decade the President, Vice President, First Lady or former president hasn't attended an Olympic opening or closing ceremony. First Lady Michelle Obama led the delegation to 2012's Summer Olympics in London, and President George W. Bush made the trek to China for Beijing's games in 2008.

I'm sure Putin is just weepin' in his vodka about it, too!

The absence of high-ranking U.S. officials amounts to a snub to Russia, whose relationship with the United States has fractured over the past year. Admitted NSA leaker Edward Snowden, wanted on espionage charges in the U.S., was granted temporary asylum in Moscow, and Russian President Vladimir Putin has used Russia's veto on the United Nations Security Council to block action in Syria.

Obama has his panties in a wad because someone has actually had the nerve to stand up to his holiness and say "NO! Ain't happening here!" Would to heaven that our congress would grow a set and slap him in handcuffs for his many, repeated, and utterly arrogant violations of the Constitution.

Obama canceled a meeting with Putin that was scheduled for September, though the two met as part of a larger group of world leaders at the Group of 20 conference in St. Petersburg.
Fueling the rift between the nations are new laws in Russia banning gay "propaganda" -- a law critics say is so vague that anyone can be prosecuted for wearing a rainbow T-shirt or holding hands in public with someone of the same sex.
Carney noted on Wednesday the selection of gay athletes wasn't the first time Obama has voiced concern over the Russian policy.

The law is not unclear. Why would anyone want to wear an ugly shirt with a rainbow on it other than to make a point? Go promote somewhere else!

"That's not a message we would wait to send through this manner," Carney said. "We have been very clear -- the president has been very clear that he finds it offensive, the anti-LGBT legislation in Russia."

And a great number of us find our current president to be offensive and an offense to the seat in which he sits and the desk in the Oval Office he puts his feet up on like some country hick in the big city!!!

Obama told Jay Leno in August he had "no patience for countries that try to treat gays or lesbians or transgender persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them," and during his visit to Russia earlier this year, Obama met with the leaders of Russian social activist groups.

Well, too bad, dearie! That cuts both ways. We find it offensive that you continue to push schools to indoctrinate children into accepting abnormal and unnatural behavior as normal. We find it offensive that you are opening the gates of hell with your bare hands to encourage these young souls into eternal perdition. We find it offensive that you have taken the responsibility for our children out of our hands and have legislated parents out of their rightful role.

In short...we find you and everything you stand for highly offensive! So go be offended yourself.

Recluse Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Irish_Ruthenian
We find it offensive that you continue to push schools to indoctrinate children into accepting abnormal and unnatural behavior as normal.

Indeed, I also find most of what this administration stands for as offensive. Each passing day brings another offense against common decency and Christian morality. After five horrifying years, I am truly dismayed at what this administration may accomplish in the three remaining years. This latest stunt is par for the course. However, Putin should not immediately send them home when they arrive in Russia. He should watch them closely. If any of the gay delegates tries to disseminate gay propaganda, it will be a violation of Russian law and they should be arrested.

B
B
As I have noted before, I don't understand the Christian obsession with the very small, gay segment of the population. The best thing anyone could do would be to give these folks no notice at all. They thrive on publicity. For what it is worth, I am no fan of this administration, either.

E
E
I am sure that most Christians would be glad to "live and let live." Unfortunately, as I put in my post, the gay lobby does not want to go about their lives and leave us alone. They want to recruit children and educate them that homosexuality is normal. It is they who have made the first shot in the culture war. We are just responding.

S
S
Whatever the gay lobby does here doesn't excuse the brutality to which homosexuals (or even those suspected of being homosexuals) are subjected in Russia, both by the police and by skinhead gangs (often interchangeable).

Putin's law against so-called "homosexual propaganda" would cover my statement immediately above; i.e., calling attention to the brutalization of homosexuals is construed as "pro-homosexual propaganda", punishable by fine and imprisonment.

So, which of you fine, upstanding Christians (a) approves of harassing, beating and occasionally murdering people for their sexual orientation; and (b) approves of laws that would keep people from complaining about such actions?

E
E
You just love to stir up s**t, don't you, Stuart? No one is discussing this at all and no one is suggesting brutalization of homosexual people.

Did you even READ the posts above yours, or were you in such a hurry to once again disagree with someone that you entered a kind of basic cognitive dissonance?

Putin has said he doesn't want the homosexuals giving out their propaganda. Is this okay with you? Is it okay with you, as a fine Christian gentleman, to allow gay pride parades down the middle of the street, with nudity and vile sex acts as has been done in San Francisco for the last several years? Or perhaps you are ok with homosexuals having the "right" to walk about naked in public, including sitting at restaurants naked. Or maybe, as a fine Christian gentleman, you don't mind them giving out pro-homosexual propaganda to six year old children in school?

This ain't about violence, it's about the aggressive and militant promotion of the homosexual agenda and one man saying "Not in my country." But it's Putin, a guy whom you have made clear your distaste for.

That probably says it all.

C
C
Well, I know which of the responses above chimes best with my understanding of Christianity - Stuart is right on the money.

Craig

S
S
No one is discussing this at all and no one is suggesting brutalization of homosexual people.

But you are promoting it by your support of Putin, his law. and his policies.

End of discussion.

Recluse Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Irish_Ruthenian
But it's Putin, a guy whom you have made clear your distaste for.

Stu should be ignored on this one. His hatred for Putin takes precedence against all issues.

If I lived in Russia, and my child was subjected to homosexual indoctrination and propaganda, (which is against the law in Russia), I would want the perpetrators to be arrested and prosecuted. Mr. Obama has no patience for this sort of thing. But he has infinite patience for the actions of allies in places such as.....Saudi Arabia. wink

Last edited by Recluse; 12/18/13 07:09 PM.
Recluse Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Craig Dunford
Well, I know which of the responses above chimes best with my understanding of Christianity - Stuart is right on the money.

Gay "marriage" and homosexual indoctrination of children does not chime best with my understanding of Christianity.

E
E
I know. You can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person, and his hatred of all things Putin makes him irrational.

If the violence against gays comes with the package, then I would accept it rather than turn my country into a zoo of immorality, child rape, and deviant practices. You can write that off as "collateral damage."

Putin has said he doesn't want the homosexuals giving out their propaganda. Is this okay with you? Is it okay with you, as a fine Christian gentleman, to allow gay pride parades down the middle of the street, with nudity and vile sex acts as has been done in San Francisco for the last several years? Or perhaps you are ok with homosexuals having the "right" to walk about naked in public, including sitting at restaurants naked. Or maybe, as a fine Christian gentleman, you don't mind them giving out pro-homosexual propaganda to six year old children in school?

This ain't about violence, it's about the aggressive and militant promotion of the homosexual agenda and one man saying "Not in my country." But it's Putin, a guy whom you have made clear your distaste for.

That probably says it all.

I like this post and agree with the ideas as a general statement...(meaning that I am not intending it for Stuart.)

S
S
Putin has said he doesn't want the homosexuals giving out their propaganda.

By which he means anything that he finds to be objectionable--including, as I noted, complaining about the way in which homosexuals are treated in Russia. One need only look at similar laws passed by Putin's puppet Duma to see the import of all is the suppression of all free speech and debate, and particularly any criticism of the Putin regime itself.

Is this okay with you?

No, it's not. Tyranny and dictatorship are never right with me.

Is it okay with you, as a fine Christian gentleman, to allow gay pride parades down the middle of the street, with nudity and vile sex acts as has been done in San Francisco for the last several years?

If people commit lewd acts in public, prosecute them appropriately. Do you think that a decade of hard labor in a prison camp that violates all standards of human dignity, where people are regularly beaten and brutalized, is an appropriate penalty? I bet you think it's horrible, the way we put terrorists in detention at Guantanamo Bay, but to be honest, nothing we've done to even the most heinous Jihadi compares to what Putin's government regularly does to people whose major crime is offending your sense of propriety.

This ain't about violence

Yeah, it is. You just don't know very much about Russia, or Putin, or, for that matter, much of anything in this area. But I do know an ignorant bigot when I read one.

E
E
One usually resorts to name calling when one has lost the high ground in an argument and has nowhere else to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.