The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#411691 05/30/15 10:14 PM
OP Offline
Dear Friends,

I ask for your prayers for my health as I have been re-hospitalized with another foot infection . . .

Alex

Prayers for your healing Dr. Alex! May the intercession of Mor Luqos the Evangelist and Beloved Physician be with you!

Lord have mercy and bring divine healing to our forum brother in Christ, Alex. Amen.

O
O
Prayers for you Alex

I know how serious this is - take great care and obey all orders smile

Brother Alex, what we gonna do with you?

God's mercy and grace, poured out on you through God's love, bring forth complete and total healing for you spiritually and physically.

Yes, like OLS I understand too. My hubby had a spot on his toe, smaller than the head of a straight pin, for years. The tiny scab would never come off, it looked healed. When the dry gang green set into his legs, that is where it came from. HOW CRAZY IS THAT!

Diabetics pay attention ti everything on your feet!

G
G
Prayers!

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, You patiently endured the scourging and wounding of your sacred body, that You may save the souls and bodies of your people. Look now graciously on the suffering body of your servant Alex, and give him the strength to patiently bear whatever awaits him. Bless the people and all the means which will be used to restore him to health; and grant that he may accept his bodily sufferings as a means of reparation for the salvation of his soul. For You, O Christ our God and Savior, are merciful; and we give glory to You, together with Your eternal Father, and Your all-holy and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and forever. Amen.

Deacon El
Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Passaic

Alex:

Prayers for your healing. As Pani Rose said, the least little thing in the extremities can lead to much greater things as time goes on.

Bob

theophan #411732 06/01/15 10:42 PM
OP Offline
Thank you dear Friends in Christ!

This period of hospitalization has allowed me to reach out and bring some sacramentals to people which is what I'm organizing now ( I do go home on overnight passes).

Being in a hospital bed allows one the luxury of praying the entire book of Psalms in a day (at least I hope I'm praying them!) and several Rosaries.

There are people there who have weeks/months to live and I don't know what to say to them - so I won't say anything but will pray and read the Gospels.

I feel like a rag-doll in God's Hands.

Alex

Dera Alex,

You know We can't always figure Gods ways. Sometimes, it's just to be totally quiet with him.

In '04, I went in the hospital at Thanksgiving, and didn't get out until Good Friday. Through that time I ministered to so many people, including praying for those the pastoral care staff and nurses brought to me for prayer. When you're a deacons wife in a Catholic hospital, there is plenty to do. It was interesting, I'd been reading Saedna Raya, focused on certain Scriptures. My nurses aid came in, and I finally gave her the word the Lord wanted to receive. Her daughter was studying out of state, like you gang green set into her feet, she was to the point of amputation, I think 23. When I finally told her, she's jumping up down praising God, rejoicing, said now she was free to go. Right after, my priest came in, only had enough time for us to talk a few minutes, him to give me Eucharist, annoint me, the doctor walked in, said I could go home. I was done!

So there is purpose to everything, even though the focus is on us. God is just so cool! What your doing, is not for naught, after all your moving forward on the diaconate smile

Prayers for you Alex!

Lord, have mercy.

OP Offline
Thank you for sharing that, Pani!!

Yes, this time in hospital is time for prayer, to feel the warmth of the fire of prayer inside, to pray for others, as you say.

I've just been discharged and have to be on an iv drip for six weeks. More time . . .

And I've been taken out of the diaconate program.

Thank you, once again!

Alex

Last edited by Orthodox Catholic; 06/03/15 11:52 AM.
OP Offline
Thank you sir!

Alex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Alex, my brother,

Prayers for your quick and full recovery.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
OP Offline
Thank you, Brother Neil!

The teaching of our Lord that has been brought home to me most strongly during this time is that of to pray always and never to faint.

Regardless of how hopeless things appear, we must abandone ourselves to God in prayer.

Several people here are actively dying. Hospital volunteers are told not to approach them. But they want to approach others. Some are fascinated by a prayer rope, a book of prayers and the like.

May God bless them and keep them all in His Love and Grace! Death is not so terrible when we are in Christ!

Lord Jesus, Son of the living God, have mercy!

Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.