The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm placing these two paragraphs backwards from the article.

...There is also the mystical component of "coincidence": The material used to make the bombs in Paris was triacetone triperoxide and is nicknamed "Mother of Satan" (due to its extreme volatility) and a band from California called "Eagles of Death" was seven songs into a concert at that hall when its performance of a song called "Kiss the Devil" was interrupted by gunfire Friday (the 13th, 2015). Band members had to flee through a backstage exit, and on Saturday nixed the remaining dates on a European tour. Heavy metal. Brushing up against the devil. Inviting it, often unknowingly. (Look, left, at the concert-goers and the raised "sign of the horns" hands moments before attack.)...

...The attacks in Paris were centered on the city where the Miraculous Medal revelations occurred in 1830, messages from Mary that likewise had warned of upheaval in society due to its evil. Like attracts like. Evil begets evil. At Rue du Bac in 1830 the Blessed Mother introduced a new phase in the history of her apparitions. In those appearances she warned that a dark era lay in the immediate future as she struck a pose in which she stepped on a serpent. Holding a globe, she revealed herself in worldwide dispute with the forces of dark. "The times are evil," she told Saint Catherine Laboure. "Misfortunes of all kinds will befall France." It pertains today as it also did in the upheavals of the 19th century. "The whole world will be turned upside-down by misfortunes of all kinds.".... France [spiritdaily.com]

B
B
Those peaceful Muslims again. I didn't know about the Miraculous Medal connection.

S
S
Wow, where did you find this garbage?

OP Offline
You are welcome to click on France at the end, and read the entire article.

S
S
I did. My question remains.

Originally Posted by SwanOfEndlessTales
Wow, where did you find this garbage?

Swan,

This is a moderated forum (unlike the rude free for alls under news site articles) where we are expected to be civil to each other even when we are not in agreement.

Please refrain from this kind of wording from now on.

Alice,

OP Offline
DEAR ALICE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I was surprised by the response. It is interesting to me that France, titled the Eldest Daughter of the Church, has gotten an eye awaking call. A place so in love with God, like America has walked so far away. If we look back through history, we often find connections in time. It is not our time, but God's time.

You know me, I get curious. As a convert, and Eastern Catholic, many things Latin are still a mystery, and surprise to me.

I am confused. Which part are you angry about?

Thank you Pani Rose. I found it a very interesting and thought provoking article.

OP Offline
I'm not familiar with all that stuff they were naming those people were doing. I've heard mention on news or something. Sadly, I can see what they were doing is glorifying satan.

Originally Posted by Pani Rose
I'm not familiar with all that stuff they were naming those people were doing. I've heard mention on news or something. Sadly, I can see what they were doing is glorifying satan.

You are so right, Pani Rose. Kyrie Eleison.

click here to see [dailymail.co.uk]

Lyrics: (horrible thing to have been singing or listening to at the moment of your death--Lord have mercy on their souls):

click here [azlyrics.com]

B
B
Good grief!

OP Offline
The killers broke loose just as the band started the crowds favorite -
Kiss the devil - sad - does that mean it happened? None of the band member were harmed were they? Wonder if their lives will be changed.

I couldn't read it all, or listen to it.

Lord have mercy!

I didn't listen to it. UGH.

I skimmed through the lyrics to see what they were singing about.
Sometimes young people don't really realize what they are doing when it comes to stuff like this.

Lord have mercy on their souls and the pain of their grieving families. Amen.

OP Offline
I loved Pope Francis response. 'Not human': Pope Francis 'saddened' by terror attacks
Published November 14, 2015Associated Press

Pope Francis condemns Paris attacks
Friday’s terror attacks in France were “not human,” according to Pope Francis, who said he was “moved and saddened” by the attacks.

Francis, however, confessed that “I don’t understand these things. They are difficult to understand, carried out by human beings.”

ADVERTISEMENT
The pope, speaking in a heavy and measured voice, made the comments in a phone call broadcast on the Italian Bishop’s Conference TG2000 on Saturday.

Asked if there can be a religious justification for such attacks, Francis responded: “Religious and human. This is not human.”

Francis said he was “close to the much-beloved people of France, I am close to the relatives of the victims and I pray for all of them.”

The pope has often framed the upsurge in violence around the globe in terms of a “third World War” being waged piecemeal through crimes, massacres, religious persecution and the destruction of cultural sites.

Francis said the Paris attacks were “part” of that, adding, “there are no justifications for these things.”

Last edited by Pani Rose; 11/16/15 08:50 PM.

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.