The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Filipe YTOL, 1 invisible), 388 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,394
Posts416,750
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Thank you so much for the contact details. I will get in touch with them!

Much appreciated.

XB!

deacon Stephen

K
KostaC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by dcnStephen
Thank you so much for the contact details. I will get in touch with them!

Much appreciated.

XB!

deacon Stephen

Dear Deacon Stephen,

Did they ever reply? I had no idea that this thread was reopened in April. My email unfortunately never received any updates. I'm wondering then if anyone has ever successfully found a copy of the Divine Liturgy in Irish?

Last edited by Constantine Cesak; 06/30/15 01:17 AM.
K
KostaC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Dear Mr. Alastair,

Do you by any chance still have the copy?

K
KostaC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Is there anyone still reading this that can help me in my search to find a translated copy, please?

1 member likes this: Makumazahn
C
C
I've got a copy - Fr Serge (or An t-athair Brian, as he used to sign himself in our exchanges!) sent me a copy.

I'll see if I can get it scanned and uploaded.

Regards

Craig

1 member likes this: Makumazahn
K
KostaC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you, go raibh maith agat, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've been waiting to hear this for several years now. I'm sure that such an act would be incredibly time-consuming (at least in standard books I've seen in parishes, the Liturgy is usually broken up into 36-37 odd pages), so I thank you once again for taking time out to do this for me. My goal is to someday get the Liturgy reprinted into a book and sent to whomever would need it.

K
KostaC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, after years of searching, I finally got my hands on a copy of the Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostomos in the Irish language. On a whim late one night, I sent a messge via Facebook to the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Ireland's page. Their anonymous account manager responded back the next day and mailed me a copy, which just came yesterday afternoon. It's a well-loved copy from 2003 that has the liturgy in Irish and in modern Ukrainian (here's a picture of its cover: http://imgur.com/a/RE2lv ). I could not be more excited. If anyone would like to see a copy online, I'd love to copy the pages sometime soon. Thank you, everyone.

Last edited by Constantine Cesak; 10/18/16 04:58 AM.
M
M
This is a long shot reply to an old, old thread, but I'm learning Irish and am very interested in this translation. Is there any way to get a scanned copy? Go raibh míle maith agat!

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum, Makumazahn. It might be possible to get a copy from the parish in Dublin. Let me see what I can find out from a member who is more knowledgeable as to the situation there.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
M
M
Neil, thank you so much, though that may not be necessary. I emailed the parish using an address from earlier in this conversation, and Fr. Vasyl promptly responded and very kindly agreed to send me a copy.

Grace and peace,
Nathan

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Administrator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.