The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 333 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JPO Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Good Evening,
I am trying to find more info, any would helpful on Holy Trinity Byzantine Catholic Church in Bridgeport, Connecticut. My Uncle Laszlo Orosz was Pastor during the 1960's. I remember growing up our family would travel to visit him. I remember the rectory next door and the parish hall down the street. I did see a picture of the front of the church that was posted by a forum member listipad3 with some info. I'm trying to put together an album for my children and grandchildren.
Thanks for your help,
JPO

Greetings JPO. Good luck in your research. Unfortunately I have no information to share about Holy Trinity. I wasn't even aware of it until I saw the postings here when the parish closed.

1 member likes this: JPO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
JPO,

Welcome to teh forum. I may have some info. It's too late for me to hunt for it tonight, but I will do so in the next day or so and get back to you here.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
1 member likes this: JPO
J
JPO Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Neil,

Thanks kindly for your reply and your offering to help me out. I look forward to any info on the church and parish life you have. I do remember it was a very active parish back in the day.

Thanks for your help,
J. Paul

J
jvf Offline
J
Holy Trinty Church was sold, and became Saint John The Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church in Trumble CT.
Many of the parishioners are from Holy Trinity.
We now have a Byzantine Catholic Priest from Slovakia who is married with wife and family and another child due soon.
Father Gregory is a Holy Catholic Priest in every single way!

SLAVA ISUSU CHRISTU!
SLAVA NA VIK!

Last edited by jvf; 11/07/21 01:42 PM.
J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
JPO...I don't get on this forum much any more...but I just came across your post from October...I was at Holy Trinity from my birth in 1971 and remember Fr. Orosz very well...and was there the day it was closed and was merged with St. John's in Trumbull, CT...Not sure what you are looking for exactly, but I would be happy to share any historical information I have...

ajk Offline

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.