The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Galumph, Leon_C, Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W.
5,984 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 456 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,389
Posts416,722
Members5,984
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Global Moderator
OP Offline
Global Moderator
I just learned a day ago that Pani Rose, a beloved member of this forum for over two decades, reposed in the Lord on May 3 of this year.

Rose, a US Air Force veteran in her early life, was a beloved mother of three, a grandmother of many, and the devoted wife of Deacon Stan Cholewinski, of blessed memory. Ordained to the Byzantine Ruthenian Church, employment found Deacon Stan in a place where there was no Ruthenian parish. As a result, the couple lived their lives and raised their children in the Catholic faith as parishioners of St George Melkite Catholic Church in Birmingham, AL, which Deacon Stan served until his death about a decade ago. Rose was a prolific poster here since the time that she first became a member, more than two decades ago; despite not having posted during the past 6 years, due to failing health, her post count is the third highest of all forum members. It was extraordinarily rare to see a prayer thread to which she didn't respond. As her daughter, Ann Elizabeth, told me, her Mom loved this forum and the members here.

In your charity, please remember her in prayer.

O God of all spiritual and corporeal beings, You Who trampled death, broke the power of Satan and granted life to the whole world, now, O Lord, grant continued and everlasting rest to the soul of Your departed handmaiden, Rose, in a place of light, freshness, and peace, where there is neither pain, nor sorrow, nor mourning, but only life everlasting.

As You are a gracious God and the Lover of mankind, forgive her every transgression committed by her in word, thought, or deed, since there is no man alive who has not sinned, for You alone are without sin and You are the Resurrection and the Life, O Christ our God, and we render glory to You, together with Your Eternal Father, and Your most Holy, gracious, and life-giving Spirit, now and always and forever.

May her memory be eternal and may her loved ones be comforted in the prayerful expectation of being reunited with her in Heaven.

Last edited by Irish Melkite; 11/12/22 04:12 AM.

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
Memory Eternal!

U
U
Thank you for your kind notice. I remember Rose's Forum "voice" very well. Memory Eternal!

1 member likes this: Alice
T
T
Memory eternal!

O
O
Memory Eternal !

Thank you for letting us know.
P.Rose was a warm presence here.
Remembering her in prayer.
Blessings to all.
CS

O God of all spiritual and corporeal beings, You Who trampled death, broke the power of Satan and granted life to the whole world, now, O Lord, grant continued and everlasting rest to the soul of Your departed handmaiden, Rose, in a place of light, freshness, and peace, where there is neither pain, nor sorrow, nor mourning, but only life everlasting.

As You are a gracious God and the Lover of mankind, forgive her every transgression committed by her in word, thought, or deed, since there is no man alive who has not sinned, for You alone are without sin and You are the Resurrection and the Life, O Christ our God, and we render glory to You, together with Your Eternal Father, and Your most Holy, gracious, and life-giving Spirit, now and always and forever.

Memory Eternal

I remember Pani Rose asking me for a copy of a prayer I wrote for married couples. She posted it on her website.

May her blessed and faithful soul rest in eternal peace.

May her Memory be Eternal!

I, too, remember her frequent posts from years back ... May she rest in peace.

Pani Rose always agreed with me from what I can remember . . .

A lovely individual with a big heart and a great love for Eastern Christianity!

May her memory be eternal as she now lives in the Kingdom of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit!

With the Saints give rest, O Christ, to Thy servant Rose!

Alex

Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, forgive any transgression Pani Rose did, willingly or unwillingly, and rest her soul with Your Saints in places of green pasture where there is no sorrow, no pain, no loneliness, but rest her with Your eternal radiant Love!
Most Holy Theotokos to whom no man has prayed and was left without help or comfort, intercede to your Son who never denies anything to you, for the peace and eternal joyful rest in Heaven of your daughter and servant, Pani Rose!
Amen

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.