The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Annapolis Melkites, Daniel Hoseiny, PaulV, ungvar1900, Donna Zoll
5,993 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (griego catolico, Fr. Al), 341 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,393
Posts416,749
Members5,993
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The deluge should keep flowing towards Rome without let up. Lots of people need to be writting lots of letters.

ICXC
NIKA

Oh the target should be the one Cardinal Prefect who deals with the Eastern Churches and not everyone who moves in a cassock. In case anyone is wondering who it is HB Patriarch Ignatius Mousa I Daud. It is no good sending letters to the tea lady in the Vatican, target the right person and get the mail rolling in by the bag load. Happy mailing!

ICXC
NIKA

U
U
That's a shame, "doxing out" to the OCA. Personally, I would opted for one of the numerous ACROD parishes. At least in those parishes you will hear Subcarpathian Prostopinije. I couldn't give up hearing my native indigenous liturgical music tradition. The OCA music is just to bland for my taste. But then again, I'm not in the "fire sale" eparchy of Passaic.

Ungcsertezs (give me Prostopinije or give me death!)

Dear Ung,

I met with all 4 of the ACROD priests in the area. It was my first choice. Unfortunately they are not where we want to be. I have great joy and respect for Metropolitan Nicholas. As I looked at all the Orthodox Churches in the area it was hard to find a home. However, I am settling in with a local OCA church and my family and I are happy.

Basil

A
OP Offline
A
http://www.connpost.com/news/ci_3611618

This article appeared in today's paper.
Thank God for the neighbors!

A
AMM Offline
A
Originally posted by Basil:
Dear Ung,

I met with all 4 of the ACROD priests in the area. It was my first choice. Unfortunately they are not where we want to be. I have great joy and respect for Metropolitan Nicholas. As I looked at all the Orthodox Churches in the area it was hard to find a home. However, I am settling in with a local OCA church and my family and I are happy.

Basil
May God grant you and your family many years Basil!

Andrew

A
OP Offline
A
For those of you who care the Inland Wetland Commission of Trumbull meets tonight to continue the Public Hearing on the proposal to build age restricted cluster housing on the St John's property. Opposition to this project has been intensifying throughout the community & the parish. Stay tuned!

sam Offline
[QUOT Opposition to this project has been intensifying throughout the community & the parish. Stay tuned! [/QUOTE]

Is the sale a done deal or is it contingent on zoning approval?

Prayers.
Sam

J
Job Offline
Cantor
Cantor
J
I believe it is contingent on zoning...

A
OP Offline
A
It has to get thru wetlands first then onto Planning & Zoning. Another option is to sell it to the town for Open Space. I don't know if any offers are on the table but the interest is there.

L
L
Does anyone know of an address in Rome that we can send our letters to

HB Cardinal Patriarch Ignace Moussa 1 Daoud
Congregazione per le Chiese Oriental
Via della Conciliazione 34,
00193 Roma,
Italy

Good letter writting!

ICXC
NIKA

Cardinal Daoud didn't respond to the Holy Trinty Closure, why should he respond to this? My recomendation is to make the Apostolic Nuncio aware also.

How organised was the deluge of mail from the USA to Rome. Well We have Cardinal George Pell and a host of other bishops down here because Rome got very worried by the volume of mail coming from Australia each day complaining about the bishops and what they were getting up to.

ICXC
NIKA

sam Offline
Rome got very worried by the volume of mail coming from Australia each day
Sadly, this is the reason we WON'T be heard.
Even if every parishioner in the Eparchy of Passaic wrote a letter it would still be the equivalent of just one or two large RC parishes in one large US city.
I don't believe our bishops get heard in Rome, let alone our people.
Sam

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.