The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
O
O
that sounds as if it's a command biggrin

T
T
Ok, I like the idea. This one I can make since Legion Park is only an hour away from my house. Did we decide on August 2 or 9th? I have Cub Scout camp on the 2nd through the 6th. But August 9th I can make. But do what's best for the crowd. I'm not up to making anything homemade in large quantities. Of course, I guess it all depends on how large a crowd we are talking about. I can make some pirohi, depending on the size of the crowd and the date. Seriously, count me in if I can make it! I have my mother's recipe for holupki for 50 in the Holy Trinity Monastary Cookbook, circa 1960! I could try that, I suppose.

Tim

O
O
Am I reading that correctly ?

wow give that man huge [ but very gentle , and certainly not on the recently fixed bit of his back ] pat on the back for having the courgae to go and join you mad folk.

Even more do I demand photos of the event

D
Orthodox domilsean
Orthodox domilsean
D
I like the 9th too. I can then obey Pyrohy's command of attendance.

Sadly, Legion Park is booked through July and August. Just got the word today that there are no open Saturdays. We'd have to book much, much farther in advance to get a date in the summer.

Any ideas?

BOB

Last edited by theophan; 06/10/08 09:19 PM.
U
U
Originally Posted by theophan
Sadly, Legion Park is booked through July and August. Just got the word today that there are no open Saturdays. We'd have to book much, much farther in advance to get a date in the summer.

Any ideas?

BOB

How about Delgrosso's Park in Tipton?

Ung

T
T
Yes, you did read right--I'll be happy to attend if I can and bring something good to munch on. Don't worry, we'll send a toast to everyone who can't attend and eat something for you, in your honor. Just name your food of choice and one of us will be happy to eat it for you. Did I say eat? Heck, it will go down so fast "inhale" is a better word!

Tim

T
T
DelGrosso's in Tipton is not a bad idea. I lived in Altoona for a bit but it was a while ago (circa 1990) and can't remember if there are any other parks that have pavilions for rent. I think Bob is the best one for that since he's local.

Oh, and Orthodox P, he's local too.

Tim

Last edited by tjm199; 06/11/08 02:56 AM. Reason: spekking--er, spelling
O
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
OP Offline
Forum Keilbasa Sleuth
O
Bob, thank you for checking for us!
DelGrosso's will probably be a stretch as everyone gets a pavilion there for company picnics, school picnics, family reunions, and so on. It would probably be hard, but it's worth a call.

I know another place that requires registration. I doubt it would be booked, I'll call.

There are other places too.
Canoe Creek State Park has pavilions.

There are a few pavilions in the Bellwood park.

Do we have to have a pavilion?

Never thought of Canoe Creek. A pavillion is good in case it starts to rain us out. We do need some place to grill.

I'm out of town doing FD CE seminars until Monday so whatever you get together is fine with me.

BOB

T
T
I was lying in bed last night and thought of Canoe Creek. I'm glad someone else did too. How many people are expected and may I be so bold as to invite myself and potentially my family? (Three--me, myself and a ten year old son who can eat Kolbassi till the cows come home!)

Tim

I never would have guessed a thread based on this topic would go on for 10 pages...

T
T
Byzantines talking about food for ten pages surprises you? It sure doesn't surprise me!

Tim

O
O
Nor me - after all during Fast periods all topics turn to food biggrin

Is the 'teletransporter' going to be working?

OLS and I will surely need it to be on time biggrin

I was just thinking today, it had been a while since I fried up a good ol' pan of kraut and keilbasi frown Won't do anygood to fry it up, neither of us can eat it frown frown

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.